AVIC411.com

8200NEX Searching for GPS Signal

I'm a dealer for Pioneer & I've seen this issue 3 times this year alone with the AVIC-8200NEX headunits (2 were back to back...one from our store & the other from a Florida dealer). All firmwares up-to-date, reset, factory restored, unplugged, new GPS antenna, etc...nothing fixed the "NO GPS" issue. Removed units, sent to Pioneerfor repair....when they received the 2 units, called me to inform me both were worked perfectly. I'm guessing the radios being unplugged for a certain length of time (between removal & being shipped to Pioneer) resolved the issue. Tried attaching 2 photos of the 3rd radio with this exact "Searching for GPS Signal" problem....using Chrome on my phone, laptop, and Internet Explorer with a failed to load message. Why am I having such a difficult time uploading photos here???

Two under the plastic dash, one on top of the dash. I'll add that I tried a new GPS antenna on top of the dash when troubleshooting the 1st 2 headunits with no changes. Once I received both units back from the service center (with no repairs performed), GPS antennas still in their originally installed locations, both worked perfectly fine. I'll also add that in radio settings menu, under Connection Status, Positioning Status, says: No GPS & both satellites read x0 even with a temporary, new GPS antenna sitting on top of the dash. I'm leaning torwards it's a bug in the Navigation system.

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2019 at 8:11 AM, krankintacoma said:

UPDATE: Pulled the CONSTANT 12V Fuse (the one that feeds YELLOW wire) for the 8200NEX & left it out between 5 - 6 hours, reinstalled fuse & problem gone. GPS found & working again.

Having same issue twice now. Same unit 8200nex.   First time sent to Pioneer and did nothing to it as well. I Disconnected the battery.  I’ll check in in the morning. Will update then 

• 1 year later...