AVIC411.com

First, hello to everybody, it´s nice that there is forum with a lot of helps and troubleshooting.

I have model Avic-F980DAB, until yesterday it was working fine. There is a but :), it happens once after he didn't successfully loaded into menu, it just restarted. Now is just worse, it doesn't boot anymore. Radio always stuck at boot logo "Pioneer" with bottom text "Loading..." and that is all. I tried to go in test mode with tesmode_a.key, tried with some combination keys like holding RESET,MAP,MENU,EJECT. It doesn't help. I´ve searched here on forums for similar problems with F88dab, F80dab, F980dab, F970dab. There is nothing useful for this model or I couldn't find it. I already download firmware from Pioneer, but it says I need to update trough menu. Is there any option to flash firmware over usb or SD card at boot with some key combination?

I would really appreciate some advice or help or something before I give up on radio.

• 10 months later...
On 08/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, kojikurac said:

First, hello to everybody, it´s nice that there is forum with a lot of helps and troubleshooting.

I have model Avic-F980DAB, until yesterday it was working fine. There is a but :), it happens once after he didn't successfully loaded into menu, it just restarted. Now is just worse, it doesn't boot anymore. Radio always stuck at boot logo "Pioneer" with bottom text "Loading..." and that is all. I tried to go in test mode with tesmode_a.key, tried with some combination keys like holding RESET,MAP,MENU,EJECT. It doesn't help. I´ve searched here on forums for similar problems with F88dab, F80dab, F980dab, F970dab. There is nothing useful for this model or I couldn't find it. I already download firmware from Pioneer, but it says I need to update trough menu. Is there any option to flash firmware over usb or SD card at boot with some key combination?

I would really appreciate some advice or help or something before I give up on radio.

On 08/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, kojikurac said:

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello, similar problem. Both the unit AND me. I'm guessing we're the last handful of people now using forum. So glad its still here. Thanks guys / girls?  who run it.

Was a god send in days gone by, hope it still is.

. The unit is a mates  f60 DAB. I did an update with an sdcard. problem was sdcard goes in behind the screen which flips down. Update failed and bloody screen wouldnt flip. So kept booting and (trying) to install > failed > restarted. Nightmare. Took unit out, removed screen to get card out. Now unit starts but only has splash logo. Then blank.

I've tried again with usb but nothing. Tried searching but don't think there's any / many posts / help / files for these 'dab'. But I realy don't know where to begin to fix it.

Problem with me, Been over ten years since i last had a pioneer, my brain like the rest is old now. :-(

Just to add, if it helps with any advice. Bottom of the splash logo say's loading. 2 seconds later blank screen and unit shuts down. NO power used at all. Have tried with / without update in usb but ......dead Jim.