AVIC411.com

Z120BT nothing but radio,gps and cd works

I have a Z120BT.

The GPS works,CD player,and the AM/FM radio. But as far as the audio input, iPod connection, and the SD card. None of that is working. The Bluetooth never worked since I've bought it. (not a big deal)

Any idea what i could do? If it requires a few hundred to fix, might as well just get a new unit. They're cheap enough nowadays. 

Thanks

There are 3 or 4 PC boards in these units, one of the chips or circuitry on them could have gone bad.   I recently sent in my Z130bt for repair to a shop down in LA to repair a bad tuner ... they basically just swapped out the IF board ... something I could have done, however their overall repair price was cheaper than the cost of the board to me.

If you want to experiment with your DIY skills before you pay for repairs, first find the service manual for this unit ... I have the Z130bt service manual, it is about 300 pages long and is very thorough, especially the disassembly instructions.   Lots of screws but otherwise fairly simple construction -- it took me close to an hour to take it apart the first time, the next time it took only 10 minutes.  You can first try removing and reseating all of the ribbon cables and connections to see if that fixes anything, before assuming that a board has gone bad.

-- John

I have the same model and consider it an almost total waste. Even when it works, the design of the display appears to have been done by someone who wasn't old enough to have a driver's license because even the simplest change in radio frequency or changing music albums requires close attention to the screen instead of the road. Not to mention it's practically impossible for an adult finger to move the narrow slider to scroll up and down. The Bluetooth connection in my unit failed more than a year ago, eliminating one of the few benefits of this expensive after-market device. Don't even get me started on the GPS, which was difficult, inaccurate and out-of-date when I installed the unit new. Thank goodness for Waze on my iPhone (which, of course, doesn't connect to the AVIC).

I had a great relationship with my local auto audio shop until the owner talked me into buying the "AVIC. I wouldn't buy another Pioneer product if it were the only box on the shelf.

I've recently decided to buy a new head unit to retrofit my system in order to run Apple Carplay. That should give me most of the functions I want without having to buy a new car to get them. 

https://3dinsider.com/apple-carplay-installation/