• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 6:09 PM, Tiredhands said:

So I reflashed the RR from 2.07 to 2.09 so we’ll see if that improves it. What do you mean it is the RR? Do you have experience with it?

Let us know if this helps.  Not excited about pulling the unit out to reflash the module, but if it works it would be worth it.

Curious on a fix for this as I have it happening with an 8200NEX, installed in a 2010 Honda Odyssey. Did the reboot a few times on my wife's trip from Ann Arbor to NY. I have the Maestro SW ADS-MSW connected to this unit. 

For the poster with the Toyota. I've installed the 8100 and 8400NEX's in both my Lexus RX330's with Axxess TYTO-1, and Maestro SW ADS-MSW and haven't had this issue.

15 hours ago, spankedmonkey said:

Curious on a fix for this as I have it happening with an 8200NEX, installed in a 2010 Honda Odyssey. Did the reboot a few times on my wife's trip from Ann Arbor to NY. I have the Maestro SW ADS-MSW connected to this unit. 

For the poster with the Toyota. I've installed the 8100 and 8400NEX's in both my Lexus RX330's with Axxess TYTO-1, and Maestro SW ADS-MSW and haven't had this issue.

how are the power wires connected.

The power wires are connected as instructions would have it. However on the first install of the 8100NEX in the Lexus my GPS maps would flip up and down. So I had to go in and separate the grounds:

-Parking Brake on radio harness to body junction on right side kick panel

- TYTO-1 Black, and Black/White with radio harness Black to metal body on right side

- Maestro SW ADS-MSW Black ground to body junction left side kick panel

Problem solved! Not sure if this is the difference but I haven't had reboots on either Lexus installs.

5 hours ago, spankedmonkey said:

The power wires are connected as instructions would have it. However on the first install of the 8100NEX in the Lexus my GPS maps would flip up and down. So I had to go in and separate the grounds:

-Parking Brake on radio harness to body junction on right side kick panel

- TYTO-1 Black, and Black/White with radio harness Black to metal body on right side

- Maestro SW ADS-MSW Black ground to body junction left side kick panel

Problem solved! Not sure if this is the difference but I haven't had reboots on either Lexus installs.

i was talking about the 2010 Honda Odyssey

On the 2010 Honda Odyssey the power wires are connected as instructed with direct-connect harness, per 8200NEX and Maestro SW ADS-MSW manuals.

So the red Accessory wires from the Direct-Connect, 8200NEX, and Maestro connected together. Then the Yellow Direct-Connect 12-volt power to 8200NEX yellow. 

I haven't done the ground separations for this unit/vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, following up Again. Made a jumper from the black/red wire to the red wire from the radio and capped the end going Into the RR per Maestro support. This will isolate the issue if it’s actually maestro related or radio related. Pretty sure the power goes directly to the radio now and not though the maestro. We’ll see if this fixes it. 

68282134-56DC-41BD-85A6-1856C98EA1F1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, Tiredhands said:

Sorry, following up Again. Made a jumper from the black/red wire to the red wire from the radio and capped the end going Into the RR per Maestro support. This will isolate the issue if it’s actually maestro related or radio related. Pretty sure the power goes directly to the radio now and not though the maestro. We’ll see if this fixes it. 

68282134-56DC-41BD-85A6-1856C98EA1F1.jpeg

Any updates on whether or not this worked?

On 5/13/2020 at 6:46 AM, mdgeek said:

Any updates on whether or not this worked?

No more reboots for me after doing this.  I still have the error and loss of instrument cluster audio info on my Tacoma dash until I restart the unit but steering wheel controls work and audio doesn’t cut out. Apparently there’s a firmware now for Maestro RR for TO2 called reboot. You may be able to flash it without calling ADS, but you may need to give them your account username so they can add it. I haven’t tried yet. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello mdgeek,

i have( 2 ) avic-w8500nex and (1) avic-w8400nex

i have 2 maestro’s rr and the other one TLC has no steering wheel controls. ALL the pioneers re-boot’s randomly with the latest software. as of 11/1/19  

pioneer wants me to send them back for service. - too much hazles and there is no warranty they will fix it. - i heard many they have replace them with new and they all do the same. 

one of the cars (my tundra) i drive on a daily basis and that is why i see it more frequently. the other cars are parked 90% of the time. 

my cars 

miata 2014 

tundra 2008

land cruiser 2000 no maestro 

mdgeek,

kindly keep your comments up to date on your modifications. i will try to call maestro and see if they can add me to the list of downloads. 

note:

i am happy with the nav stereos and i personally think this is a way pioneer deals with possible screen freeze issues. by rebooting to ensure the proper functionality since i never have issues besides rebooting. (just my wild guess) 

fyi

sometimes it goes for weeks without rebooting. 

thank you in advance for your comments 

mg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 1:22 PM, Tiredhands said:

No more reboots for me after doing this.  I still have the error and loss of instrument cluster audio info on my Tacoma dash until I restart the unit but steering wheel controls work and audio doesn’t cut out. Apparently there’s a firmware now for Maestro RR for TO2 called reboot. You may be able to flash it without calling ADS, but you may need to give them your account username so they can add it. I haven’t tried yet. 

Has the new firmware been released?  I searched for any mention of it and could find nothing.  Before I pull out the unit to try the power bypass, would be nice to know if an update is forthcoming.  Unfortunately with COVID-19 and working at home, haven't been driving much, so don't get to use the unit very often.

hello all,  6/20/20

now that i am back and driving my pioneer avic-w8500nex in my tundra 2008 with JVL is rebooting more often. i tried to call support yesterday all day long but was busy. 

*just to clarify:

do i need to call them so they can push my new firmware called “reboot” and re-flash ??? 

would this fix the random rebooting ? and i will loose my steering wheel controls until i reboot myself?????

someone pls clarify because if this is the case then i radder let the system do it for me 

thank you all! 

mg  

I have 8000, 8200, 8400, 8500, and 8600. never had a problem with reboots. I would check the installs. I haven't had a customer come back with reboot problem. they only come back for more questions how to use the radio. I would bypass all power connections from the modules.