AVIC411.com
mdgeek

AVIC-W8500NEX Sporadically Reboots

On 5/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, Tiredhands said:

Sorry, following up Again. Made a jumper from the black/red wire to the red wire from the radio and capped the end going Into the RR per Maestro support. This will isolate the issue if it’s actually maestro related or radio related. Pretty sure the power goes directly to the radio now and not though the maestro. We’ll see if this fixes it. 

68282134-56DC-41BD-85A6-1856C98EA1F1.jpeg

Still no reboots? I’ve had a few with the maestro and new WT7600NEX. 

What’s the best way to tap into that black/ red wire? I’d like to cut it and solder/ shrink wrap. I don’t think I have the skills to strip it back and not cut the wire like you did! 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, Dizle said:

3 days in with the power bypassing the Maestro and no reboots, seems like it’s fixed! 

I finally had the opportunity to try this workaround.  Since the pandemic, I have done very little driving.  Last week I went on a 12-hour road trip and decided that would be a good time to try the Maestro bypass (and re-flashed it while I was at it).  This clearly fixed the head unit reboot problem, but I did see one brief message that the Maestro unit had disconnected and one time where the steering wheel controls did not work for a short time.  It is clear to me that the problem is with the Maestro unit and not the head unit.  It isn't clear whether this is a problem inherent to all Maestro units or I just have a lemon (in which case I am clearly not alone).  It may well be too late to exchange the unit, but I'm going to give it a try.

15 minutes ago, mdgeek said:

I finally had the opportunity to try this workaround.  Since the pandemic, I have done very little driving.  Last week I went on a 12-hour road trip and decided that would be a good time to try the Maestro bypass (and re-flashed it while I was at it).  This clearly fixed the head unit reboot problem, but I did see one brief message that the Maestro unit had disconnected and one time where the steering wheel controls did not work for a short time.  It is clear to me that the problem is with the Maestro unit and not the head unit.  It isn't clear whether this is a problem inherent to all Maestro units or I just have a lemon (in which case I am clearly not alone).  It may well be too late to exchange the unit, but I'm going to give it a try.

Agreed, mine hasn’t rebooted since I did the bypass.

I’ve been going crazy with this same issue. I’m so glad I found this thread! Thank you! I have a 2011 4Runner limited and the 8500nex and it reboots unpredictably. I’m going to try what Tired Hands did. Thank you! Has anyone been able to update their Maestro with the new firmware and did that solve the problem without having to redirect power ?