AVIC411.com

AVIC N1 with Upgrade to N3 Video lockout solved

I recently bought an AVIC N1 and I was doing some research on upgrading the navi to N3 but I found out that when you do this you lose your ability to watch video and some navi function while in motion due to the gyro. Well I was reading about how people had an idea to make a hybrid disk. Well I went out and bought the N3 disk (East coast) and I made a HYBRID disk, It looks like a N1 BUT has the Maps and Points of Interest of the N3, The only problem I ran into was once the upgrade was made , the Navi Needs the disk to be inserted to work ( show Maps) except the area in memory(1 mi ratio), also when you go out of your memory area it zooms out to the 25 Mi ratio like normal, but the map won't load. Normally when you are out of your memory area it zooms out to the 25 mi ratio but loads a map, in my situation it loads about 1/4 of PA. That is the only problem that I have seen, I have been trying new things but nothing is better than this version of my hybrid.

If you have any Questions Post up or Email me
d_shadler@yahoo.com

Just what I came up with.
TooLBag0w5 is online now Reply With Quote
Guest PinkWrinklyRubbaDinkStink
care to tell us exactly how to do this? also, has anyone tried doing the same software trick but with an N3 that has been flashed. (so that you don't have to peel the sticker and void anything)
Ok this is what I did you need an original N1 disk (CNDV-40) and a copy of the new version (CNDV-60). You need to copy all the files off the original disk except the file with .KWI (INDEX, ALLDATA, LANDMARK, REGION, KGRPDAT, and METADATA that is all of them I believe) and the IDX folder. The files with .KWI are your map files and the IDX folder is the index folder for the points of interest. You have to make a bootable DVD add the files and burn them. [size=150]Now the AVIC will look like an N1 just with the up dated maps![/size] You can watch dvd's and input address while driving. Now to finish the installation, you need to get into your avic boot system and flash the memory, the disk will not install by it self, you must force flash all the programs, GPS, SYSTEM, PROGRAM you can leave SOUND alone. If you don't do this the avic will say incorrect disk. Here is the problem I have once everything is flashed the unit works fine (Radio, DVD, CD's etc) but it will not switch to the navi screen unless you insert the Hybrid Disk into the unit. Once the Disk is in you can take it out and use the options in navi menu. But as soon as you turn off your player you must reinsert the disk to get back the navi screen, it must not stay in memory. Also you must have the disk in to use the maps even a scaled out version (25 mile ratio) it show where you are but there is no back ground (map) it is just white.

That might sound a little complex and let me know what you think
I am will to make more if people are interested just let me know

Remember I went throught about 15 doulbe layed DVD to get this to work, it took a little time tio get this far.

Thank
Dustin
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...