AVIC411.com

help me out with my n1 please

Heres the story, i bought a used n1 from some guy for 300 and was told it was in perfect working order. Anyways, i have some problems with it and have a choice of either getting my money back or just fixing the headunit. On with the problems....

For some reason my touch screen and buttons on the faceplate dont always work. They work most of the time, but sometimes dont. Also, sometimes the volume knob has to be pushed, and held in in order to adjust the volume. I think the problem is a bad connection from the faceplate to the headunit because when nothing responds, i push the faceplate in and they tend to work for the most part. Then it happens to get loose, or lose contact while driving.

I called Pioneer twice and told them about the problems with my n1. One rep told me it was a problem with the main board and not the flex ribbon cable. Then another rep told me it IS the flex ribbon cable. Do you guys think i should send in my unit and have them replace the ribbon cable..and if the problem isnt the cable, then should i pay the $200 flat rate to fix my n1?? ..or just simply get my money back and save up for a different headunit/navi??