AVIC411.com

IPOD CLASSIC VIDEO OUT IS UNLOCKED

Now that Apple has unlocked the video feature on the Ipod Classic I am still unable to watch videos through my AVIC-D3 when I hit the video buttons. Is it safe to assume that my cable does not has video capabilities and I need to buy Video cable with yell, white, and red? Probably a dumb question but this is my first pioneer tv unit, I WAS A KENWOOD MAN. By the way apple released an update to unlock this function a couple of days ago.

THANK YOU.... Like I said I am new to the pioneer scene. What I was doing wrong was hitting the video button but when it asked me to connect the video accessory I was not disconnecting and then reconnecting the adapter. It works fine now and now I now I have the task of converting all my sons dvd's to my ipod 160 so I do not have to remove the nav disc or buy an external dvd player. I MIGHT LIKE PIONEER AFTER ALL.

THANK YOU.... Like I said I am new to the pioneer scene. What I was doing wrong was hitting the video button but when it asked me to connect the video accessory I was not disconnecting and then reconnecting the adapter. It works fine now and now I now I have the task of converting all my sons dvd's to my ipod 160 so I do not have to remove the nav disc or buy an external dvd player. I MIGHT LIKE PIONEER AFTER ALL.

hey, it's not Pioneer's fault. it's Apple's fault :roll:

Now that Apple has unlocked the video feature on the Ipod Classic I am still unable to watch videos through my AVIC-D3 when I hit the video buttons. Is it safe to assume that my cable does not has video capabilities and I need to buy Video cable with yell, white, and red? Probably a dumb question but this is my first pioneer tv unit, I WAS A KENWOOD MAN. By the way apple released an update to unlock this function a couple of days ago.

Where is there info about this unlock? Can anyone else confirm?

Nm... Doesnt mean this issue is fixed. Can anyone test with a Classic? I'm wondering if I should buy one or not.

it sort of works. it seems now you can turn on video from your headunit, then when you go to play the video from the ipod classic, it tells you to connect to an accessory. if you remove the ipod cable and reconnect it, video plays on the hu. one problem that i noticed is that it doesnt play the video i selected, it just starts playing them all from the first in the list. it is easy enough to skip ahead to the right one, but to me this is still a little glitchy. seems the problem with the track info freezing up might be fixed with this new firmware also, but i wouldn't feel safe in saying for sure until i give it a little more time. supposedly, it was a power saving mode issue. why you need to conserve power while the ipod is connected to a power source is beyond me.

it sort of works. it seems now you can turn on video from your headunit, then when you go to play the video from the ipod classic, it tells you to connect to an accessory. if you remove the ipod cable and reconnect it, video plays on the hu. one problem that i noticed is that it doesnt play the video i selected, it just starts playing them all from the first in the list. it is easy enough to skip ahead to the right one, but to me this is still a little glitchy. seems the problem with the track info freezing up might be fixed with this new firmware also, but i wouldn't feel safe in saying for sure until i give it a little more time. supposedly, it was a power saving mode issue. why you need to conserve power while the ipod is connected to a power source is beyond me.

Thanks for the update. Starting to sound like I need to get that Ipod Classic after all.

• 3 weeks later...

i just got a new 160GB ipod classic and i have been trying to play it in my Avic D3. i followed the instructions on the manuals and followed the steps that is describe on this forum, and none seems to work. the software in my ipod is current (1.0.2). when i plug it in my D3 and adjust the settings to "TV OUT - ON", unplug and plug it back in theres no movie playing on the screen. i would like to know how did you guys got your ipod to play videos in your D3? if so, where can i find the update?

when you select ipod as the source in the d3, there is a button in the top right corner that says video. touch that. you should have a mostly black screen that says something "use ipod for full control" Then you have control of your ipod back and can start a movie with the ipod's built in controls.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also only getting sound through my car audio system, and video on my ipod and a message saying use *ipod for full control. I've tried reconnecting the ipod and no luck. The bypass is working on my avic to play dvds and edit the nav while the car is moving over 20. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

• 4 months later...