AVIC411.com

IPOD CLASSIC VIDEO OUT IS UNLOCKED

Or buy this and run it in to the A/V input

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... =MB129LL/A

same thing here.. i have the new classic and the same thing happens to me. Is the only fix for this to downgrade to 1.0.2???
Thanks, yeah I saw that but it doesnt charge the ipod and you can't control the music on ipod from the D3, which means you'll have to unplug/plug that cable every time, and it costs $50.

Question for you, I saw a post u wrote and said you downgraded to the 1.0.2 firmware... did you get any negative side effects? I've read where some people's ipods mess up after downgrading. TIA

• 3 weeks later...

You mean the video playback is enablef for the latest ipod classic firmware v.1.1.2 ?? I still can't seem to get it to work. Does this not work if TV out is set to always be on? Do i change it to Always ask? What others settings do i mess with? Shuffle and Repeat are not on in the main settings configs.

tjc005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:27 am Post subject:

it sort of works. it seems now you can turn on video from your headunit, then when you go to play the video from the ipod classic, it tells you to connect to an accessory. if you remove the ipod cable and reconnect it, video plays on the hu. one problem that i noticed is that it doesnt play the video i selected, it just starts playing them all from the first in the list. it is easy enough to skip ahead to the right one, but to me this is still a little glitchy. seems the problem with the track info freezing up might be fixed with this new firmware also, but i wouldn't feel safe in saying for sure until i give it a little more time. supposedly, it was a power saving mode issue. why you need to conserve power while the ipod is connected to a power source is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
can anybody confirm this?? trying al differnt ways nothing works

Only way I was able to get my iPod classic to play video is by downgrading the firmware to 1.0.2 but you still have to unplug and plug it back in to play the video so I just bought an AV cable and use that to play videos....

Only way I was able to get my iPod classic to play video is by downgrading the firmware to 1.0.2 but you still have to unplug and plug it back in to play the video so I just bought an AV cable and use that to play videos....

somehow i feel we got f*cked by apple

why the hell did i buy all the stuff? and in the end nothing works!

atleast they should release a new cable it can be 100€ if they want. just release something

how am i supposed to get girls without the video function :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I should have stated with my AVIC N4 and the latest firmware v1.1.2. My iPod Classic didn't work at all trying any of the previous firmware. It doesn't work 100% like I wish but at least it works now. I was pissed after I bought my Classic and it didn't work. So I did the video in to my N4 until Apple got there shit straight. I guess they still have some work to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I should have stated with my AVIC N4 and the latest firmware v1.1.2. My iPod Classic didn't work at all trying any of the previous firmware. It doesn't work 100% like I wish but at least it works now. I was pissed after I bought my Classic and it didn't work. So I did the video in to my N4 until Apple got there shit straight. I guess they still have some work to do.

I had an odd thing happen to me yesterday. My iPod Classic stopped working with my N4. I had plugged in my Nano before that... So I remember how my wife tried her iPhone to play music and it worked then my Classic worked after that. So I plugged in her iPhone then my Classic and boom it started working again. So if your Classic isn't working with the latest firmware try an iPhone then your Classic. It seemed to do the trick for me. Odd!!! :wink: