AVIC411.com

PAC SWI-PS and D3 Wiring Question

This may be a stupid question, but how do I connect the PAC SWI-PS to the D3? The output from the SWI-PS is the 1/8" plug. Do I just connect this to the undocumented "DIGITAL OUT*" port that's on the back of the D3 or do I have to do something else? There's nothing within Pioneer's instructions that say anything about this port and PAC has nothing on their website that documents how to hook the SWI-PS up to the D3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this part supposed to plug into the harness that plugs into the D3? I have a Toyota Tacoma and with the Pioneer AVIC-D3 there is no where for that factory three-wire harness to plug into the AVIC-D3, basically that harness seems obsolete now. So the PAC will not control the AVIC unless I find another wire to hook this to on one of the harnesses that DOES plug into the AVIC

the pac module uses, power ground and the info wire (whichever for your car) mine was the white (mazda3) then you have to follow the instructions and it will tell you to cut or leave the loops uncut, plug the plugin connector on the back of the unit in the lower center and program to w/e program version you need

for my car i had to ground an extra wire which the instructions did not say to do but it works. Check w/e car forum you are a part of there may be a write up on how to install the module