AVIC411.com

07 Silverado Reverse Wire Location?

I have a 2007 Silverado New Body Style and am going to be installing an Avic-Z2 I just purchased. I will also be installing a backup camera.

I have searched high and low for the wire locations and have found the VSS wire location and the Steering wheel controls location... but have not found anything relating to the Reverse wire location.

Does anyone know where I can find the Reverse Wire?

TIA!

This post should get you were you need to be.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... +silverado

unfortunately this link is broke....but maybe you can do some digging to figure out what happened to it.

http://cadillacintegration.com/2007_Che ... stall.html

I just did a who-is search on cadillacintegration.com, and there is an admin email address. But the first link should be enough to get you through your installation

Easiest way for vehicles that use the computer to trigger lighting (your Silverado is one) is to go directly to the reverse light and tap there. I think the wire you need is light green on the Chevy. Just remember it is the one that is not black, as there should only be two wires going to the reverse light. Yes, you will have to tie the wire up along the frame almost the entire lenth of the truck, just keep it away from moving objects (suspension) hot things (exhaust) and those little green alien guys down there and you should be fine. If you follow the factory harness, you should be OK. Hope this helps.

I believe it's the same as mine...Cause the broken link that I gave you, was one that I followed during my install(03 Silvy)...

Just look under the steering column towards the firewall. Look for the only 3-wire connector that's plugged in, and splice into the green wire.

step06_201.jpg

dawgbone, that would be great if he had a classic '07, but his is new body style. completely different computer, harness, everything. new one's don't have reverse under dash (as far as I know, anyway).

Gotcha...I just could have sworn it was the same, as I used 3 different links to install mine...oh well....I think the guy that hosted that broken site goes by GMGeek...but not sure....wonder why he took it down? It was the install of a Z1-2 for the new body style.

anyhoo....maybe step 4 from this word doc will help...but running it back to the tails is probably easier...

http://home.earthlink.net/~genestoy/ken ... nstall.doc

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check under the dash using that picture... if that doesn't work, I will just tap into the reverse light wire... I will just add it the video and power wire loom I will already be running to the back anyway.

I appreciate that people here actually try to help each other... unlike other forums where you don't get any responses.

If I can manage the install myself, I will try to take as many pics as possible and post a write-up for the NBS Silverado... I think this will help a lot of people since installation info is very scarce for the NBS.