AVIC411.com

PICS: Avic-D3 in a 2008 Tacoma...

Just did my Avic-D3 with ipod integration and Sirius tuner into my 2008 Tacoma Access Cab. When I bought everything, there was no guarantee from Crutchfield that it will all work because they hadn't tried it on a 2008 yet, so they sent me all the 2007 wiring harnesses etc. Wanted to let all you guys know that everything for the 05-07 Tacoma works on the 08 Tacoma. Crutchfield sent a black plastic bezel to replace the factory bezel but it would have looked way out of place, unless I took it to a shop and had it painted. Scoche, however, makes a bezel that matches the interior cover so I quickly ordered one of their's and it looks factory.

Only thing I'm bummed about is the instructions for the steering wheel audio control harness. Not only is it confusing, but it requires you to hack up your factory harness which I'm not too comfortable with doing on a vehicle with 50 miles on it lol. So I scrapped that option halfway into the install, and I guess I'll patiently wait for another option?

And yes, I did the bypass trick.

Here's a couple pics...

IMG_1321.jpg

Sorry for the bad screen pic, tv's don't like to be photographed!

IMG_1322.jpg

• 7 months later...