AVIC411.com

Gracenote: ITS TIME WE COMPLAIN

Im tired of this shit. I call Pioneer and they tell me to call Gracenote. We need to do something. It doesnt make sense we spend our hard earn money for an expensive a$$ Z2 and we cant get updates. I hate it that I have alot of songs on my hardrive and I dont know what is what. What can we do about this?

I'm with you. I wish there was a way to at least edit the database. I hate having to edit the artist or song playlist on the Z2. And it seems that the album name can't be edited. Alot of the info is wrong or its in all caps. If I pop in a cd in my computer the album info is correct( using Winamp, it uses Gracenote) but if I pop it in the Z2 sometimes its wrong. So I gues that means that Pioneer needs to release an update. The worst thing is that the majority of the info submitted to Gracenote is by us the consumer and Gracenote doesn't check to see if the submitted info is correct, which alot of it is not correct. Good thing is that you can submit corrections, but ofcourse that info is not updated on the Z2 until Pioneer releases an update.

As far as your problem there are two things you can do, either name every album manually right after you rip it or submit that album's info, even if its your own compilation, to Gracenote and wait for Pioneer to release an update.

Pionneer PLEASE RELEASE A GRACENOTE UPDATE!!!

Im tired of this shit. I call Pioneer and they tell me to call Gracenote. We need to do something. It doesnt make sense we spend our hard earn money for an expensive a$$ Z2 and we cant get updates. I hate it that I have alot of songs on my hardrive and I dont know what is what. What can we do about this?

Not sure what version you have, but I have just updated the DB with the march version and can be found here

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... sComponent

I agree, it's been waaaaaay to long since Pioneer released a Gracenote update. Personaly, if they released an update every month that would not be often enough for me. I'll update my Z1 just like i update the virus definitions on my PC. Whatever it takes to have the latest and greatest is fine with me.....as long as it's FREE. :wink:

• 3 years later...

Pioneer has NOT been that punctual with updates. For example, the first map data update for the old D3 (god, I hated that thing) came out NINE months into the new year, and they used data that was even older than that. By the time they got the data, verified it, modified it for use with the D3, and released the update, it was worthless...18 month old data. They were not prepared to update new data from the providers. And that update cost about 50% more than competitor's map updates....something that persists with Pioneer.