AVIC411.com

'07 F-150 Lariat D3 Install !Please Help!

I've been lurking for over a week now finally posted last night. I've been looking EVERYWHERE on this forum for the answers to my questions but I can't seem to find anything for my year model truck. I'm sorry for the noob questions and I have used search I've just not been successful in finding what I need. I apologize if this stuff has already been answered, if it has just point me where to look please.

I have an '07 F-150 Lariat Super Crew.

1.) I ordered a PAC SWI-PS steering wheel remote control interface module. Will I retain the fan and temperature settings or no? Where can I find installation instructions?

2.) I purchased the CD-I200 iPod interface cable for the AVIC-D3 are there any suggestions on how to run the wire or where to run it too? I was thinking the console is it long enough? I want it to stay hidden.

3.) I got the Metra 95-5812 mounting kit is that correct. I didn't want to get flamed too much so I got what I thought was the right piece.

4.) I got the Metra 70-5521 Wire Harness is that correct? It said it fit an '06, I couldn't find anything that explicitly said it fit an '07 so I just made an assumption and bought it.

5.) I also got this (don't know the part number in case the other one didn't work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0170111239

What other components do I need. I think I got everything but I want to make sure from the experts. I've installed CD players and simple TV's but never a NAV system. I'm a little concerned with the difficulty but I'm confident I can do it. I know my way around a soldering iron and electrical tape.

I currently have the factory door speakers with an Infinity Kappa 10" Sub and an Infinity Reference 1300a mono sub amp. I spliced it into the factory HU with a line out adapter. I'm wanting to reposition the amp and was curious about where you guys think is a good place to put it. I've only ever messed with cars so the space constraints in a truck are hard for me.

I'm wanting to replace the door speakers with Infinity Kappa 687.2cf's, 2OHM 6X8 speakers (2-Way). From what I remember about wiring The amp matchers the speakers impedance so that would drop the HU down to 2OHM operation. Now I wouldn't bet that the internal amp in the AVIC-D3 is 2 OHM stable. I've done this in the past without negative impact on the HU but never with something as complex as a NAV unit. Do I need to worry about heat or distortion? Has anyone run this set up in the past. How bad is the distortion at higher volume, say 3/4 to a bit under max? Do I need to replace my amp and go with the Infinity Reference 5350A 5 channel? If I go that route will I incurr the engine whine I've never been able to get rid of when I amp my doors? How do I combat that?

Sorry for so many questions it's just been years since I've done audio installs and I've never messed with anything this complex.

1) Yes. You do not need too program for the temp controls, only audio on your truck.

2) It should be long enough. You may need to drill a hole for routing out of the console, though.

3) Yes.

4) Yes it is. If you have the factory sub in the truck, you will need to put a 3 Kohm resistor on the amp turn on wire (blue/white) to avoid a nasty turn on thump.

5) That would be your antenna adaptor, so you can pick up AM/FM signals.

Don't forget to connect the pink wire of the AVIC to the Grey/Black in the radio harness. This is your speed pulse. You can also place the GPS ant on the metal bar under the dash, under the windshield for a completely hidden look.

As far as amp placement goes, i'm not sure of it's size.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll just do without since that means I have to purchase a new lifetime subscription.....well if I decide to get it again I guess the bright side is I can use the existing factory antenna. My stuff should get here next week and I'll do the install. Does anyone have any opinions on running the Kappa 687.2CF's off this head unit? They're 2OHM I just hope they don't sound bad since the Head Unit isn't really designed for that impedance.

cartronix plus = nightmare outfit. i initially bought my BT2000 bluethooth module through them via instant purchase on ebay using paypal. only then did i receive an email that the unit would ship 5 to 10 days after payment is received. well 5 days came and went even though i paid instantly. after slow to return email exchanges (that's the only way to get ahold of them - and it's an aol.com address so they're not really a commercial outfit - more like a garage run business) which they didn't bother to read since they kept asking for the same info twice then they claimed that my shipping info wasn't confirmed via paypal (which it is since i've had a premium paypal account for a couple of years) i finally had to file a "non-delivered item" claim via paypal and boy did that get their attention. suddenly the emails were quick and responsive with a full refund provided. took almost two weeks of wrangling though. wasteful time that i couldn't fully install my D3. i've even received emails from other buyers asking for their email because they've been left out cold as well. that being said, good luck on your F150 install. the install in my 2003 Screw went great and it looks and sounds terrific.