AVIC411.com

3D calibration Bar @ 0 after 982 miles

So I have my Avic D3 installed and the VSS is hooked and appears to be working.

Inside the 3D calibration screen however while the speed, right, left bars are just about full but the 3D bar is still at zero. What gives? The manual is less than through on this section of the unit.

Is this because I don't have the reverse lead connected (I don't have a camera)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have my Avic D3 installed and the VSS is hooked and appears to be working.

Inside the 3D calibration screen however while the speed, right, left bars are just about full but the 3D bar is still at zero. What gives? The manual is less than through on this section of the unit.

Is this because I don't have the reverse lead connected (I don't have a camera)

I have been watching this thread for a couple days, hoping you would get a answer. I have the same issue. The only difference is I have the backup camera and it works fine. So Im pretty positive its not your reverse lead. If you ever figure it out let me know.

Ray

The only real reason that screen is there (I guess) is for installers like myself to perform diagnostics on the install without having to carry a bunch of test equipment on a test drive for a malfuncioning unit. I can tell from there if the VSS is good, and the install solid.

The 3D section is for the internal gyroscope, and will only really move if the vehicle is stopped and the AVIC is moved (like taking it out of the dash).

So to not see any activity there should be fine. The only reason I would begin to worry about anything on that screen is if you begin having problems with the nav not tracking you or telling you you are in Siberia.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information. :shock:

Simple hybrid is what my status is.

I posted because I am indeed having nav issues. I am not sure if it's a programming issue, but I often find that the GPS is behind, so if I am past and intersection, it's saying I am just entering.

It causes problems when it says turn here but I am at the intersection or passing through it.

My GPS signal say it's ok usually 1 bar and lots of yellow and orange and very rarely a green sat.

I had a much better experience with my Garmin street pilot, I am starting to think either, I haven't hooked up something right or it's just not as good.

My speed pulse is incrementing is that correct?

I am really disappointed in the documentation from Pioneer regarding this part of the unit. Is there any better documentation one of you installers could send me.

The VSS speed reading is dead on from comparisons with my odb2 non driven wheel speed readings.

• 2 months later...

I have an '06 Pathfinder and my install was working fine. A while later (3 months) my check engine light came on, I took it into the dealer, they hooked up a diagnostic machine to the plug under the driver side, then cleared the light. As I was driving, I noticed that the navigation was off. Whn I entered in a destination my position on the map was about 2 blocks from the destination. The dealer argued that nothing they did could have caused this. I took it back to the installer, he took the unit (a D-2) out and check that all the connections into the wiring harness just behind the unit. He then said it was working. When I starting driving I noticed that the unit was not sensing a speed pulse and was in "simple hybrid" mode. I cleared both and also reset the unit entriely...still not working. Took it back to the installer again and he ran a wire to the guage cluster to pick up the speed pulse. Started driving and the 3D screen reflected that the unit was picking up speed but the speed pulse still registered "0" and the unit is still in simple hybrid mode. Distances are rtecorded for distance, right turn and left turn but not 3D. Installer said he may need to contact a Pioneer rep if it doesn't enter 3 D mode. Any thoughts/solutions would be appreciated as this is really getting old especially since I am not an installer.

The speed pulse remains at 0. The 3D screen is reflecting the truck's speed though

The 3D screen is reflection the truck's speed based on the GPS signal and internal gyros.

If the speed pulse signal isn't going up, the VSS wire isn't hooked up.

I have an '06 Pathfinder and my install was working fine. A while later (3 months) my check engine light came on, I took it into the dealer, they hooked up a diagnostic machine to the plug under the driver side, then cleared the light. As I was driving, I noticed that the navigation was off. Whn I entered in a destination my position on the map was about 2 blocks from the destination. The dealer argued that nothing they did could have caused this. I took it back to the installer, he took the unit (a D-2) out and check that all the connections into the wiring harness just behind the unit. He then said it was working. When I starting driving I noticed that the unit was not sensing a speed pulse and was in "simple hybrid" mode. I cleared both and also reset the unit entriely...still not working. Took it back to the installer again and he ran a wire to the guage cluster to pick up the speed pulse. Started driving and the 3D screen reflected that the unit was picking up speed but the speed pulse still registered "0" and the unit is still in simple hybrid mode. Distances are rtecorded for distance, right turn and left turn but not 3D. Installer said he may need to contact a Pioneer rep if it doesn't enter 3 D mode. Any thoughts/solutions would be appreciated as this is really getting old especially since I am not an installer.

Speed Sense wire for your truck should a be a light blue wire that was part of the stock radio wiring.

VSS WIRE Lt.blue In harness on back of radio