AVIC411.com

I have it, and it works great (most of the time), there was one time when it saved me from a 2 hour delay.

But then again it also told me to go right down a street that was closed during halloween.

Overall, its positives outweight its negatives.
I thought I liked it as in the morning it told me to use the 60 instead of the 10 in Los Angeles. It was great 80+ all the way. On the way home it told me the 405 was only running 10-20 so I went side streets. As I passed over the 405 I could see it running at 70+ no problem.

score is 1-1 for now. It did warn me of stop and go traffic and offer to route me around it on side streets. I ignored it but it was accurate so I can't give a score there because I knew the side streets would be horrible and it couldn't know that....

[quote name="solrackm"]same for me, I use it alot in the wash dc area and it gives me the shortcuts at rush hour when the beltway is backed up.[/quote]
Charliex, I think that's competitive.

03-vichpp - yes but at $10/mo instead of $4/mo. If you look around you can find promotions for xm if you prepay the first year which brings the cost from $12 to $6/mo (but you pay $72 for the year). This would bring your cost for nav traffic and radio to $10/mo, cheaper than the $12/mo for just radio.
  • 2 weeks later...
I just got Navtraffic installed last weekend. After one week of use I am mostly pleased but not blown away. I live in Tampa, FL and my daily commute takes me on just about every major highway in the county. I have found the traffic flows on I4 near I275 to be inaccurate. It may be due to the construction there. I'm not really sure.

The accident notification was pretty impressive. On my way home tonight I was on the side streets due to some errands I had to run. The system notified me of a car accident ahead. I would have been stuck for a while had I not gone around it.

I will give it some more time before making my final judgment on the system.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="BearGator56"]I have had mine installed for about a week. I drive for a living in the Atlanta area. The information does tend to be a little behind at times. It does offer alternative routes when yours is clogged.

I like it so far-it's the navigation that bugs me.[/quote]

Yeah I wanted to know how does the avic work in the Atlanta area? I never drove there before and plan and driving there for the first time, you think it's safe to do that with the avic z1? Also what do you mean "it's the navigation that bugs me"?
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="BearGator56"]If you're in a car in Atlanta, you're fine. I am in a tractor-trailer. The navigation will sometimes tell you to take a u-turn when you don't need to.

I haven't found any roads in Atlanta that aren't in it, yet.[/quote]

OH okay, but the do certain things like the POI and freeway lane information work great? Like when you select Georgia Dome does it lead you right to it and etc? I just want to be safe without the maps. Thanks and God Bless.