AVIC411.com

Help with a AVH-W4400NEX

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following:

I have (2) AVH-W4400 radios, one is working great and the other is in a constant startup boot loop.  I was wondering if some of you far more knowledgeable with these units could walk me through how I can make a viable copy of my software from my good working unit to be placed into the one having issues.  I see so many threads pertaining to AVIC models but not so much for AVH series not sure since I'm talking about OS software the procedures are the same as the software is I assume different between the two model series.  If anyone can help me with this i wood deeply appreciate it.

Regards,

56 minutes ago, bonee said:

the procedures is all the same for all NEX models

Thank you for the reply, so if I follow the instructions in step 2 of this thread it will create an image disk that I can place into the unit with the problem and it will fire up like the working unit?

One other question is what size SD cards do these radios use the SD card I pulled from the non working unit is unlabeled just a couple hand written in marker numbers and my computer will not open or recognize it

On 3/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, Manfred58 said:

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following:

I have (2) AVH-W4400 radios, one is working great and the other is in a constant startup boot loop.  I was wondering if some of you far more knowledgeable with these units could walk me through how I can make a viable copy of my software from my good working unit to be placed into the one having issues.  I see so many threads pertaining to AVIC models but not so much for AVH series not sure since I'm talking about OS software the procedures are the same as the software is I assume different between the two model series.  If anyone can help me with this i wood deeply appreciate it.

Regards,

Did you ever get a good image backup of your AVH-W4400NEX? I am trying to get one.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:58 PM, Manfred58 said:

Thank you for the reply, so if I follow the instructions in step 2 of this thread it will create an image disk that I can place into the unit with the problem and it will fire up like the working unit?

One other question is what size SD cards do these radios use the SD card I pulled from the non working unit is unlabeled just a couple hand written in marker numbers and my computer will not open or recognize it

From what I can tell typically 4 or 8 GB works for them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...