AVIC411.com

AVIC 8200 NEX + new iPod

I had an original iPod touch stolen out of my other car so I had to replace it with a new one. I got the latest version, I think they are calling it gen 7...

Anyhow, this new iPod works as expected in both of my other cars and even a buddy's car. But when connected to my Avic 8200 NEX it doesn't automatically start playing the iPod when the vehicle is started. In other words, you can be listening to the iPod, pull into a gas station and when you restart the vehicle there's no music. You have to switch screens from navigation over to audio and hit the play button. Other older iPods and iPhones start playing music automatically but this one doesn't. But it does auto start when connected to any other vehicle I've tried. Both the NEX and the iPod are running the latest software. I have spent several hours on the phone with support from Pioneer and Apple and of course both claim they've never heard of this issue and both are pointing the finger at the other. 

Anyone have any ideas?