AVIC411.com

WT7600NEX & WT8600NEX First Impressions

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@HawknbyrdĀ My initial unitĀ did it. I had it replaced through Crutchfield, and my second unit hasnā€™t done it at all.Ā 

My initial thought is it may be related to having to pull the screen connector wire through the unit to make slack, but Iā€™m not sure.Ā 

Iā€™m sorry to hear that someone else has this issue. That means it could be fairly common. Ā 

Regarding the flicker.... I am also experiencing this.. Ā I guess since others are experiencing it it means that my frustrations are shared. Ā I initially thoughtĀ it was a loose connection but it happens even if I am sitting still. I have tried to wiggle the screen cord andĀ reconnect it without any change.Ā It also is happening intermittently. Sometimes I drive and it doesnā€™t happen at all, others it flickers every 10-20 seconds.

Ā 

I contacted tech support who asked if I updated the firmware and that the update should fix it. I expressed that I am unable toĀ successfully update it through CarAVAssist and that IĀ the firmware is notĀ available online. He said it would be online in the next week. I am going to update the firmware when I can and then begin return procedures if that doesnā€™t improve it.

IMG_0707.MOV

42 minutes ago, mfvtgtgs said:

Regarding the flicker.... I am also experiencing this.. Ā I guess since others are experiencing it it means that my frustrations are shared. Ā I initially thoughtĀ it was a loose connection but it happens even if I am sitting still. I have tried to wiggle the screen cord andĀ reconnect it without any change.Ā It also is happening intermittently. Sometimes I drive and it doesnā€™t happen at all, others it flickers every 10-20 seconds.

Ā 

I contacted tech support who asked if I updated the firmware and that the update should fix it. I expressed that I am unable toĀ successfully update it through CarAVAssist and that IĀ the firmware is notĀ available online. He said it would be online in the next week. I am going to update the firmware when I can and then begin return procedures if that doesnā€™t improve it.

IMG_0707.MOV

The firmware process via the app is a joke! I wasnā€™t able to get it to go through eitherĀ 

On 6/23/2020 at 7:20 PM, mapotter99 said:

@HawknbyrdĀ My initial unitĀ did it. I had it replaced through Crutchfield, and my second unit hasnā€™t done it at all.Ā 

My initial thought is it may be related to having to pull the screen connector wire through the unit to make slack, but Iā€™m not sure.Ā 

Iā€™m sorry to hear that someone else has this issue. That means it could be fairly common. Ā 

Hopefully it's a issue that they fix it's to expensive to be acting upĀ 

On 6/23/2020 at 9:37 PM, Dizle said:

The firmware process via the app is a joke! I wasnā€™t able to get it to go through eitherĀ 

Once you download it from the app you have to go to the car the emergency brake has to be on and then go to settings then firmware update. Mine did it with no problemĀ 

56 minutes ago, Hawknbyrd said:

Once you download it from the app you have to go to the car the emergency brake has to be on and then go to settings then firmware update. Mine did it with no problemĀ 

Ahhh I tried it before they had instructions out that mention the parking brake. Thanks, Iā€™ll try it via USB tonight and report back.Ā 

On 6/21/2020 at 6:47 PM, fshrlou said:

Iā€™m happy to report that itā€™s been almost a day, and with multiple trips around town, the video is still working with the GPS antenna unplugged. Ā Went to the 3D Calibration setting and it just says initializing. Ā TheĀ double or triple pulse bypass and the GPS antenna unplugged, looks like thatā€™s the winning combo for video all the time. Ā Thanks for your ideas and input.Ā 

except wireless apple carplay does not workout without GPS connected correct?Ā 

I installed the 8600 this past Wednesday and I immediately updated to 1.13 soon after. However, Iā€™ve been experiencing the random audio cut outs when using CarPlay. In attempts to figure this issue out I was able toĀ reproduce this issue. The problem appears to be a weak WiFi signal between the unit and the iPhone when using CarPlay wirelessly. If I keep my Iphone within a 2-3 footĀ radius from the 8600...no cut outs. As I gradually moved my iPhone further away from the 8600 while in the car, the audio began cutting out. As I made it to my rear cargo area within my SUV, it completely lost connection from CarPlay. When IĀ graduallyĀ moved the iPhone Ā back towardsĀ the 8600Ā it would auto reconnectĀ to CarPlay. If I place my iPhone out the the driver side window, it loses connection with the audio stuttering until connection is lost.

The previous $400 Kenwood unitĀ would auto connect wirelessly to CarPlay if my iPhone was anywhere within my garage while my vehicle was parked in the garage, so this comes as a surprise that the connection range is so short for a high end unit such as the 8600. Hopefully this can be fixed via a future firmware update.

Ā 

28 minutes ago, Thorissr said:

I installed the 8600 this past Wednesday and I immediately updated to 1.13 soon after. However, Iā€™ve been experiencing the random audio cut outs when using CarPlay. In attempts to figure this issue out I was able toĀ reproduce this issue. The problem appears to be a weak WiFi signal between the unit and the iPhone when using CarPlay wirelessly. If I keep my Iphone within a 2-3 footĀ radius from the 8600...no cut outs. As I gradually moved my iPhone further away from the 8600 while in the car, the audio began cutting out. As I made it to my rear cargo area within my SUV, it completely lost connection from CarPlay. When IĀ graduallyĀ moved the iPhone Ā back towardsĀ the 8600Ā it would auto reconnectĀ to CarPlay. If I place my iPhone out the the driver side window, it loses connection with the audio stuttering until connection is lost.

The previous $400 Kenwood unitĀ would auto connect wirelessly to CarPlay if my iPhone was anywhere within my garage while my vehicle was parked in the garage, so this comes as a surprise that the connection range is so short for a high end unit such as the 8600. Hopefully this can be fixed via a future firmware update.

Ā 

Agreed, wireless CarPlay is garbage! Using WiFi it should work anywhere in the vehicle, period. Bluetooth worked flawlessly with my stock 2015 head unit with my phone in a backpack in the truck. Wireless CarPlay cuts out with my phone in a cupholder 1 foot from the pioneer!Ā