AVIC411.com

WT7600NEX & WT8600NEX First Impressions

I’ll just go ahead and throw out that I’ve had zero problems with wireless CarPlay dropping out or range issues. 

My only problem with CarPlay is the robotic, poor-quality Siri and phone call voices. 

Something sounds like it isn’t working correctly for the connection to drop that easily. I’d probably request a replacement. 

Are you both using the 8600?  I’m using a 7600. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mapotter99 said:

I’ll just go ahead and throw out that I’ve had zero problems with wireless CarPlay dropping out or range issues. 

My only problem with CarPlay is the robotic, poor-quality Siri and phone call voices. 

Something sounds like it isn’t working correctly for the connection to drop that easily. I’d probably request a replacement. 

I’m using the 8600. I’ve also noticed on the 8600 that Siri and phone calls sounds tinny compared to the voice navigation via CarPlay.

3 hours ago, mapotter99 said:

I have the 7600 as well 

On 6/12/2020 at 11:11 PM, Dizle said:

How does Siri sound with your receiver? I have the wt7600 and when I ask Siri a question she responds with a robotic voice. When I’m following navigation Siri sounds fine. 

This is happening with mine too. I purchased it a week ago to put in my new Seqoia TRD Pro. I had the Alpine Halo in my TRD Sport and it worked great. This one has a better and bigger screen but if Pioneer doesn't get their stuff together I am returning and going back with the Alpine. This is definitely a pioneer issue!

Hi. After many hours of screen presses, I figured it out. The Pioneer DMH-W and DMH-WT models have a special hidden menu bypass requirement. No interface bypass is required, but you can leave it connected if it is already installed. Dean and Fernando at Five Star Audio made a video of it on the tubes if you’d rather see it than read it. Here is how to do it: 
1. Update the firmware to 1.13 
2. Enable the hidden menu bypass by sourcing the radio off (source off, not power off). 
3. Press and hold the bottom left corner of the screen for exactly 10 seconds (use a stopwatch as timing is critical). 
4. Within 1 second, press and hold the bottom right corner (to the immediate left of bluetooth icon) for 10-12 seconds until a small “set on” icon will appear (in the bottom middle of the screen) confirming the bypass has been activated. 
5. If you do not get it the first time, cycle the ignition off and back on and start over. 
6. If you need to reverse this process, reset the radio.

2 hours ago, Thorissr said:

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what does opening up this hidden menu allow? Video while mobile?

Everything that is normally locked out while the vehicle is moving. 

I wouldn’t call it a “hidden menu”, exactly. More like a hidden override setting. 

I can confirm that all settings are now accessible while moving and video also plays, at least using the built in browser and YouTube. I don’t have an hdmi source set up to test but I would think that would work too. Works surprisingly well! 

Only thing I found that doesn’t work is the keyboard in CarPlay, but Siri is easier to use anyways. 

FullSizeRender.mov