AVIC411.com

WT7600NEX & WT8600NEX First Impressions

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured out that the head unit will boot to Apple CarPlay every single time as long as you leave an app running in full screen mode.

if you use the mult-app view (eg. spotify, maps in split view) it will not return to that screen on next boot.

no where is this documented in the manual or the CarPlay documentation from Apple.

also, Firmware 2.0 is out.
  • 1 month later...

Well, my first impression of the first 8600 was an open box from Crutchfield. install was a breeze for me. I was unable to get the CarPlay to work properly and just figured I wasn't doing something correct. I was able to upgrade to V2.0 and it seemed to get better. Also, when I tried to update to V2,1, couldn't gets the update to update again. I wasnt able to get Car Play to work very well ever, Same goes for trying to use the AV assist app to work properly, long story short, CF swapped out the open item with a brand new unit, After the swapped, everything works as it should, no connectivity issue with the new unit. still for the top of the line Pioneer unit, the sofware is very dodgie and slow at times. This unit should operate without any flaws, This show also when you spend $1500 bucks should be topnotch

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 7:45 PM, josney88 said:

I have had connection issues since updating to iOS 15.4.1 on my phone. I hate when Apple releases a fix that screws something else up :mad:

I wanted to come back for an update. I updated my Iphone to 15.4.1 If you are having connections issues with Carplay and CarAVAssist ,go to settings on your Iphone, scroll down to the CarAVAssist app and check to make sure cellular data is on(showing green). For some reason I guess when I updated to IOS 15.4.1 it defaulted to OFF. Since I enabled it, I have no connection issues and the 3.0 update started almost immediately. As far as the 3.0 update, I don't see alot of difference

On 4/25/2022 at 12:03 AM, josney88 said:

I wanted to come back for an update. I updated my Iphone to 15.4.1 If you are having connections issues with Carplay and CarAVAssist ,go to settings on your Iphone, scroll down to the CarAVAssist app and check to make sure cellular data is on(showing green). For some reason I guess when I updated to IOS 15.4.1 it defaulted to OFF. Since I enabled it, I have no connection issues and the 3.0 update started almost immediately. As far as the 3.0 update, I don't see alot of difference

Are you still able to use the brake bypass with the 10 second press on both sides of the screen with the 3.0 update? I wanna update, but I’m worried I’ll lose that. Thanks.