AVIC411.com

WT7600NEX & WT8600NEX First Impressions

On 7/13/2020 at 7:21 AM, IvanRaide said:

Lately my unit is booting into this screen, I would say about 40% of the time.  It knows its CarPlay and playing music from CarPlay, and if I go back to the main menu, I can go into CarPlay .... but this is Pioneer UI?  Is anyone having this?  Is there a way to stop it!    https://imgur.com/a/Wy3nIBI

IMG_3231.jpg

This actually looks like the standard media player screen with Apple CarPlay as the music source.  I have seen something similar with my Android Auto setup.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, rtsundland said:

I have seen something similar with my Android Auto setup.

For AA they have a setting in the Settings for "auto launch AA", with CarPlay its on the phone, but CarPlay usually auto-starts into the CarPlay interface but this is going into the Pioneer UI interface.  And only about 40% of the time.  Are you saying that sometimes your AA starts in AA, and sometimes it starts in Pioneer UI (connected to AA) ?  Its a bit of a hassle, because I have to hit menu to go back into the Main Pioneer Home display and hit CarPlay from there, (normally it should go right into CarPlay).  This never happened before firmware 1.13 (I'm not blaming it on that firmware), I just dont recall it happening before then?

On 7/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, IvanRaide said:

For AA they have a setting in the Settings for "auto launch AA", with CarPlay its on the phone, but CarPlay usually auto-starts into the CarPlay interface but this is going into the Pioneer UI interface.  And only about 40% of the time.  Are you saying that sometimes your AA starts in AA, and sometimes it starts in Pioneer UI (connected to AA) ?  Its a bit of a hassle, because I have to hit menu to go back into the Main Pioneer Home display and hit CarPlay from there, (normally it should go right into CarPlay).  This never happened before firmware 1.13 (I'm not blaming it on that firmware), I just dont recall it happening before then?

No... I am saying I've seen this screen before when AA is being used as the audio source and I'm not in the AA interface.  It has never booted into it directly (from what I can remember), whether with AA auto-start was on or not.

Received this error today, AMP Error. The HU wouldn’t respond or reset. Had to turn car off and back on for it to reboot. I read the Owner’s manual and it states this error could be a result of mismatch speaker wires or unit need servicing. I pulled the unit out and check all speaker wires and they are all zip tied with no exposed wire since I used RCAs for my speaker output. I’ll keep a watchful eye on it and see if it reoccurs again.

CF3D2659-CD2D-42BD-92B5-31F295B215A7.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello all. Has anyone had issues with steering wheel controls not changing to next track in carplay? Volume, Siri and answering call work perfectly fine. Is this an Apple issue or head unit issue? I’m on iOS 13.6.1. I updated the unit to 1.13. The unit is receiving the signal as it works when I’m using the HD radio. Thank you

• 1 month later...

I have never successfully updated with caravassist I always get an error. I updated to 1.13 with usb. There’s a new firmware 1.30 only offered on the app right now. I called pioneer at one point was informed that update through the app was unsupported at this time. However there has been an app update since that time and also a new firmware however same results for me, unable to transfer. 

On 10/10/2020 at 9:58 PM, mrbigzeek said:

I have never successfully updated with caravassist I always get an error. I updated to 1.13 with usb. There’s a new firmware 1.30 only offered on the app right now. I called pioneer at one point was informed that update through the app was unsupported at this time. However there has been an app update since that time and also a new firmware however same results for me, unable to transfer. 

Same here. No success via CarAVAssist and there’s no file to manually install via USB. It appears from the firmware notes 1.30 mainly fixed Alexa related issues and of course the usual “minor bug fixes”.

I have gotten to drive around more with firmware 1.3 and have not noted any changes so I am not sure if you’re missing out being on the previous firmware. Maybe it is not relevant but I did happen to read somewhere that when doing the update the parking brake needed to be engaged but I did have it set and the update worked. Not sure why....

I just spent about 30 minutes trying.... Connected car to phone, phone to car, it never works!  mfvtgtgs, can you do a video of the update process?

Do you use the wifi hotspot, or the wireless smartphones option. 

What version of iOS?

Hey, have you done the brake bypass?

I just tried it on my Android and it says 1.13 is the latest?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gf1D1CLi4DUxYqMz9