AVIC411.com

8200nex front assembly problems

hi there.. longtime pioneer user and first time forum post member.. 

been searching the net trying to find what I specifically need and the actual name for what im needing.. maybe some of you have some knowledge as to what im actually trying to ask pioneer and united radio factory service.

so this is what happened.. wife decided that the dash in my truck was really dusty.. told me she was going to clean it.. im like ok, great.. she sprayed windex all over my dash to clean it.. needless to say she sprayed the screen on my avic 8200nex and before she could get to it to wipe it off it ran down behind the front buttons.. I went out the next morning to go to work.. started the truck and the deck started going crazy opening and closing on its own.. all the way to work.. I got to work and pulled the fused to stop it on the ride home.. that's when I found out about the windex spray after I told her what the deck was doing.. anyways, looked online and saw how to unhook the front assembly and take apart.. I dismantled everything and rubbed down with alcohol to clean all the contacts and ribbon cables. took it completely apart. and put back together. and now I have capacitive touch screen capabilities but no front buttons work.. and now cant open it up to get the sd card out.. guess it fried the pcb board behind the front buttons.. and now going down the road it continuously switches back and forth between navigation and rear camera while driving. guess something else got fried.. finally got it to reinstall the firmware..no changes.. took it apart again and this time broke the touch screen glass.. put it back together and still same thing.. looked on pacparts and they are god aweful outrageous on their pricing.. actually to rebuild the front assembly from them would cost more than what I paid for the deck.. cant find any used 8200's anywhere online to just replace the front assembly as that is what is wrong with it.. drives and everything behind it are fine.. united radio wont even give me a price for it as they say they get their parts directly from the mfg and cant sell to the public.. and their rate to fix it since its out of warranty is 250 flat rate plus parts.. like I said now im buying another head unit all over again. lol.. so if I cannot find a front assembly to replace it or if anyone knows where I might just purchase a used one from someone that has a busted deck but the front is still ok that's great. but if have to replace it im looking at either the avh w4500nex or a mfg refurbished 8500 nex.. I know the 4500 doesn't have the built in nav but I like everything else about it.. and way cheaper.. the refurb 8500 on ebay is 650.. can get the 4500 for 500 new.. and any suggestions on a different deck is much appreciated.. I already have the maestro programmed to my truck for the 8200 so im guessing I wont have to reprogram it for either deck im looking at?.. but like I said basically looking for the parts.. or if any are to be found.. if not will replace.. thanks for looking and listening.. joe..