AVIC411.com

Backup Camera Not Working AVH-3500NEX

Hey guys.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my backup camera isn't working.  When I shift into reverse the stereo switches to the backup screen but the image is black.  I have the camera's rca plug plugged into the brown backup camera input.  When I take that same rca plug and plug into the AV input the camera works fine, but again nothing when I plug it into the brown camera input.Both the turn on wire and the camera's power are tapped into the positive reverse light.  In troubleshooting this I even went so far as to ground it to the harness (after trying the chassis to eliminate ground as an issue.) It seems that the camera's working with the AV input so I don't think the camera's the issue.  I have verified the camera input is on in the settings.  I can't wire the camera to a switched source because it has bright LED's that would be on the entire time.

The pictures below show the camera working when on the AV source, but as you can see there no image when connected to the brown rear camera source 

Any ideas?

image0-2.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• 8 months later...

No it's not the trigger wire. The reverse gear signal input is connected correctly. Reverse gear = backup camera view shows up.

It seems that i don't have any signal on the brown RCA plug. In the yellow AV input i'm able to see the camera image. 

Strage: The AV input have a second configuration option "Source" or "Camera". So you can connect a second additional camera. When this option is set to "Source" i can see the camera image on the yellow AV input. When i change this setting to "Camera" i get the same issue. No image/black image.

same problem as fdsffa ....  but what i did notice... is that if i press the rca plug into the back of the radio brown rca really hard,  it will come on.   Almost like if the center of the rca is not making contact internally... not sure if I can change out the rca on the radio or if they sell a rca adapter with an extended center prong.

• 10 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 8:09 PM, rol said:

same problem as fdsffa ....  but what i did notice... is that if i press the rca plug into the back of the radio brown rca really hard,  it will come on.   Almost like if the center of the rca is not making contact internally... not sure if I can change out the rca on the radio or if they sell a rca adapter with an extended center prong.

Did you ever find a solution to this? My rear camera all of a sudden stopped working. I checked all the wiring and even tried a new camera to see if the camera was faulty. I did also notice that if I push hard on the RCA into the brown input on the back of the headunit, the reverse cam does come on. Once I let let go, the image goes to the black screen again.