AVIC411.com

DMH-WT8600NEX bypass HELP!!

Recently installed the beautiful DMH-WT8600NEX (the 10.1 display) 

I can not for the life of me figure out how to bypass. There is an accelerometer or gyroscope of some sort that will not allow video in motion. Does not have to do with the parking brake wire, or the VSS wire. Possibly the GPS antenna, which I can’t just unplug because I will loose wireless carplay. Anyone has any success with a bypass on these newer units yet? 

9D1A5679-1433-48C5-9E3B-53D20555762A.jpeg

Hi. After many hours of screen presses, I figured it out. The Pioneer DMH-W and DMH-WT models have a special hidden menu bypass requirement. No interface bypass is required, but you can leave it connected if it is already installed. Dean and Fernando at Five Star Audio made a video of it on the tubes if you’d rather see it than read it. Here is how to do it: 
1. Update the firmware to 1.13 
2. Enable the hidden menu bypass by sourcing the radio off (source off, not power off). 
3. Press and hold the bottom left corner of the screen for exactly 10 seconds (use a stopwatch as timing is critical). 
4. Within 1 second, press and hold the bottom right corner (to the immediate left of bluetooth icon) for 10-12 seconds until a small “set on” icon will appear (in the bottom middle of the screen) confirming the bypass has been activated. 
5. If you do not get it the first time, cycle the ignition off and back on and start over. 
6. If you need to reverse this process, reset the radio.

12 hours ago, MB01 said:

Hi. After many hours of screen presses, I figured it out. The Pioneer DMH-W and DMH-WT models have a special hidden menu bypass requirement. No interface bypass is required, but you can leave it connected if it is already installed. Dean and Fernando at Five Star Audio made a video of it on the tubes if you’d rather see it than read it. Here is how to do it: 
2. Enable the hidden menu bypass by sourcing the radio off (source off, not power off). 
3. Press and hold the bottom left corner of the screen for exactly 10 seconds (use a stopwatch as timing is critical). 
4. Within 1 second, press and hold the bottom right corner (to the immediate left of bluetooth icon) for 10-12 seconds until a small “set on” icon will appear (in the bottom middle of the screen) confirming the bypass has been activated. 
5. If you do not get it the first time, cycle the ignition off and back on and start over. 

Thankyou!!! You are a life saver! Will try here shortly! Can I ask, what did you find is the easiest way to update? Having a hard time using that Car Assist app on my phone. Paired and all, but can’t seem to transfer the update

14 hours ago, MB01 said:

Worked for me thank you!!

On 7/3/2020 at 6:34 AM, MB01 said:

It worked! Only a small drive, but headed on a long drive tomorrow. Got it updated (use the settings, not the actual carassist app on head unit) Took me just 2 tries to get “set on” but appears all is well! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! 

• 1 year later...

Is there a software fix/setting to bypass the VSS? My VSS wire is not connected (8600NEX) and the GPS is unusable. Crutchfield said the VSS/internal gyro is the culprit. When wifi is off, and the phone is connected via USB, GPS works perfectly. 

The 10.1 Kenwoods do let you bypass the VSS via a software update. If I can't do this on my Pioneer, I'll have to swap them out.

PS: Software update (1.31) and bypass sequence have been done on the radio.

Thx

• 2 years later...

I just wanted to mention that this button press sequence works with the latest firmware 3.04. I was unable to find any info regarding the bypass working with newest firmware so I wanted to post that it still works. Be patient if you’re not successful with button sequence because you will eventually get it. Good luck and happy viewing while driving!