AVIC411.com

Hello,

I have recently attempted to install a back-up camera to my 07 Tundra with my MVH-2300NEX. Not knowing there was a polarity I have apparently done something wrong.
I actually had a couple of tires at getting it right as switching between the polarities allowed me a chance to return to the system screen and change the polarity. 

What I got now. The radio comes on when I apply power. Sometimes it shows the Pioneer logo and sometimes it won't. The hard buttons light up but the screen stays black. If I put it in reverse the camera works beautifully (I cannot do anything with the screen or hard buttons when in reverse) When taken out of reverse the screen goes black no function, and only the volume buttons work (I know this by hooking my phone to the unit and playing Spotify) 

What I've done. I feel like everything; disconnect the neg battery (nothing), Disconnect the positive battery (nothing), hold down hard buttons sometimes one at a time, sometimes two at a time (I honestly don't know or could find anything that worked on the internet. I also hit the hidden reset button on the right side of the unit. I called pioneer tech support to which Brian told me to hold down the two buttons on either side of the middle (home) button (i did for 5, 10, 20... seconds and nothing). I disconnected the unit completely from the truck from about an hour. reconnected but still no screen function. Pioneer repair wants quite a bit to just look at it.

If anyone got any ideas I would be greatly appreciative :)

Thanks in advance

Hey Bonee, thanks for the reply. Here’s the video you requested.

the unit was working great from probably 2 years before I wanted to put the camera to it. Since the camera the only wiring changes I made were to connect the camera. So at the back I put ground to frame, and trigger wire to reverse lights. This camera has a trigger wire at the head unit too and suggested connecting it to the head unit to “complete the circuit” per the instructions. So the other camera wire is connected to the purple with white stripe wire and the RCA to RC slot of the unit.

thanks again for any help.

IMG_2612.MOV