AVIC411.com

W4400-NEX Wireless CarPlay music clipping at same places

Hi Everyone

As the title states, my music app has been cutting out/ clipping on and off sound for a few seconds at a time.  Almost feels like its briefly losing connection like when you going out of bluetooth range.  This is using CarPlay in wireless mode.  I tried the other day to use a cable connection, but the cable in the car is not an original apple charger (gave a message of unsupported hardware or something) but the phone still charges with this cable.  The clipping still continued so Im guessing the hu is still using wifi for data transfer.

Then I figured out its been happening at the exact same locations every time.   Find it happens less out towards the country side, but a little more often in the city.  

There's an offramp I use normally once  a week or so, that it consistently happens on, a long ramp about 400m 1/4mile, and now recently at an area that's doing roadworks nearby my house.

Like clockwork it starts messing around when driving in these areas.  The first time it happened on the long offramp, I was convinced my amps ground cable was loose as that has happened in the past causing clipping, and the long hard cornering was affecting it, but nope, it was tight.  Only then started keeping track of the locations where it happens.

Happened with iPhone 7, and now iPhone XS.  Software on both phone and hu have consistently been updated hoping to fix this problem.

What kind of interference (the only thing I can think of that must be causing this) am I experiencing and how do I fix it?

Any ideas?

it is not clipping, it is loss of wireless signal, I experience the same on my 4400, 4500, and a non-pioneer wireless carplay system, it is electrical interference, power lines or something like that likely. plug up the phone and use carplay wired, you will see it never drops......

6 hours ago, scott_0 said:

it is not clipping, it is loss of wireless signal, I experience the same on my 4400, 4500, and a non-pioneer wireless carplay system, it is electrical interference, power lines or something like that likely. plug up the phone and use carplay wired, you will see it never drops......

Yes, sorry, clipping was probably the wrong term, it is a loss of wireless signal. 

This is what I suspect too... the road close to me that it always happens at literally runs alongside power lines.  Strange thing is I have overhead power lines all around me here and it doesn’t happen when I drive under some of the other ones.

How could they produce wireless tech that can be affected by power lines?! 

then again, surely this would be happening to absolutely everyone using wireless CarPlay and not just some people?

Going to be testing shortly up that road disabling LTE etc to see if I can pin point what’s causing it. 

4 hours ago, HondaR said:

Yes, sorry, clipping was probably the wrong term, it is a loss of wireless signal. 

This is what I suspect too... the road close to me that it always happens at literally runs alongside power lines.  Strange thing is I have overhead power lines all around me here and it doesn’t happen when I drive under some of the other ones.

How could they produce wireless tech that can be affected by power lines?! 

then again, surely this would be happening to absolutely everyone using wireless CarPlay and not just some people?

Going to be testing shortly up that road disabling LTE etc to see if I can pin point what’s causing it. 

it happened after one of Apple's recent updates, I never used to have a problem with my wireless connection dropping out, they have chosen to ignore the issue. 

Ok, so first run through, with 4G (my iPhones LTE) disabled and 3G enabled  it dropped twice in a second and then was perfect.  2nd run it dropped 4 times in 2seconds.  Normally with 4G it'll drop a lot with long pauses over 5-10 seconds, so definitely a huge improvement.  Still doesn't fix the problem though.

Still don't get why it's not happening to everybody with the 4400.  I've only ever found one other post about this which I can't even find anymore, and I'm pretty sure the guy got a replacement from Pioneer and that ended up doing the same thing, which almost leads me to believe its something to do with our environment/cell providers/electicity/vehicle.

Anyone else find that there are certain "hot spots" that it happens in, or does it seem completely random?