AVIC411.com

Carplay not Autoconnecting on AVH-W4400NEX

Hi Guys, 

My head unit doesn't want to auto connect anymore to my wireless carplay.

When i follow the wizard to add the phone it works but after that it never autoconnects.

i already tried the following:

-Removed wifi and bluetooth connections from both head unit and phone
-factory reset on iphone and head unit.
-Went thru all settings in phone.
-Tried other phone ios 13.6
-Tried other phone with IOS14 Beta

Phone is running IOS 13.6 
Headunit 1.02

Any of you had any experience like this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was able to figure it out.  i had to install a new SD card in the AVH-W4400NEX to replace the firmware on the device.  I used the image file (link below) copied it to my new SD card, removed the stereo from my car, opened it up, and replaced the sd card.  reinstalled everything and the stuck device "iphone" is now gone, i can now connect automatically to wireless carplay.  

21 hours ago, hawaiipoolman said:

i was able to figure it out.  i had to install a new SD card in the AVH-W4400NEX to replace the firmware on the device.  I used the image file (link below) copied it to my new SD card, removed the stereo from my car, opened it up, and replaced the sd card.  reinstalled everything and the stuck device "iphone" is now gone, i can now connect automatically to wireless carplay.  

Excuse my ignorance, I'm new here. I have a W4400 that I've used without issue for 2 years, and after upgrading from an iPhone X to a 12 Pro, I'm experiencing the same issue described here. I've tried every combination of removing/reconnecting I can think of, "factory reset" the unit via menu and pinhole, and even unplugged it completely and let it sit for 2 hours, and the stuck device "Brad's iPhone (2)" still appears when I try to connect, along with a radio station thumbnail that was somehow associated with the wrong radio station - evidence that the unit is not fully factory resetting. 

Yesterday I went through the painful process of trying to upgrade firmware to 1.02, which is what the Pioneer phone rep told me to do. After many failed attempts (and thinking I've bricked it), I found a Sandisk USB drive that "worked" and gave me the success message, but then the unit rebooted and it says firmware version is 1.00. Stuck device still there, Carplay still doesn't autoconnect. 

Can you clarify the steps you took to fix it? When you say "new" SD card, do you mean new out of the package? What brand and size? Can you post the download link, I didn't find the W4400 image in the thread. Or would I be better off buying this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-AVH-W4400NEX-Operating-Software-SD-Card/184494011442?hash=item2af4b33432:g:6goAAOSwFrBfj4oj

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hey Brad, did you figure it out?  I bet you need to use a different usb stick to perform the update, but updating the firmware will probably not resolve your issue.  the issue is a corrupt operating firmware.  i used a brand new sd card and copied the os file image to it.  then replaced the internal sd card which contains the operating system.  i would buy a 16gb fast sd card from bestbuy, any brand will work.  you could also just buy the one from ebay, that will do the trick.