AVIC411.com

Hello. I'm new to the forum and hoping to get some help here with my ND-BC6 backup camera installed with my AVIC 8200 NEX in a 2003 Ford F150.  The system is working fine except that I totally dislike the picture quality of this backup camera. My friends have other backup cameras that cost a third and their picture quality is way better. So I'm thinking of replacing the camera with a different unit. This ND-BC6 comes witha long wire leading all the way to the receiver. Since the NEX unit is really hard to pull out of the dash, I was wondering if I could snip the wires close to the camera, attach an rca jack, then plug in a different camera to that rca jack. I haven't been able to find the wiring diagram showing the details of the wires in the harness leading to the camera so I was hoping to get guidance on that at this forum. Please let me know if you have any relevant info that could help me. Thanks!

Firstly, thank you for the information. Let me confirm what I understand from your message. There should be 4 wires in the harness leading to the camera. One is power, another is posssibly ground, 2 wires are for video signal from the camera to the receiver. If this is correct, I can work with it. I imagine that any replacement camera would also need the same 4 wires to connect to.