AVIC411.com

Disturbance on AM channels on AVIC 8200NEX

Hi. I am looking for advice on how to tackle this AM channel issue. I used to have an AVIC 6100MEX in my 2003 F150. Everything worked fine except that there was absolutely zero reception on any AM channel. I recently got a chance to upgrade to an AVIC 8200NEX for very cheap so I switched receivers. Now everything still works BUT: I get AM channels quite clearly mostly while stationary. When the vhicle is in motion, the quality on AM channels varies from good to poor (not static but some sort of disturbance). I was wondering if this has to do with the antenna, or a loose wire somewhere or????  Note that the install was done professionally with both the 6100 and the 8200 units. Those guys did a good job but could not correct this AM channel issue.  I line in Los Angeles, so signal strength is absolutely not an issue. Please suggest where to explore solutions with this problem - what might I check. A friend suggested that I install an antenna amplifier but that didn't feel like a possible soultion to me (but I don't really know if that would actually help).

Yes, this is possible to do. Is there a way to rename the channel? I found one station on HD! that has an FM channel playing at a certain station but just switching to HD2 gives me the AM talkshow channel. I wish I could rename the HD2 station so its easier for me to remember