AVIC411.com

Use US headunits in other countries

Dear All,

Thanks very much for having this forum and sharing, I ran into the dreaded SD card issue and got the image off this forum and was attempting to fix my AVH-Z9150BT here in Singapore.

Unfortunately, when the headunit retracted the screen, for some reason, the ribbon cable port connected to the back of the screen decided to dislodge itself, so I am trying to get that fixed right now.

I am not exactly confident I will have a working headunit out of this, so I am wondering.

How viable is it to buy a US headunit and to use it in my home country? What are the limittations, if any?

Thanks again everyone! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2020 at 2:42 PM, dogntbone said:

Dear All,

Thanks very much for having this forum and sharing, I ran into the dreaded SD card issue and got the image off this forum and was attempting to fix my AVH-Z9150BT here in Singapore.

Unfortunately, when the headunit retracted the screen, for some reason, the ribbon cable port connected to the back of the screen decided to dislodge itself, so I am trying to get that fixed right now.

I am not exactly confident I will have a working headunit out of this, so I am wondering.

How viable is it to buy a US headunit and to use it in my home country? What are the limittations, if any?

Thanks again everyone! 

Hi are you able to share with me the firmware for AVH-Z9150BT? My SD card just went unreadable....:(

I'm in South Africa and ordered a headunit from the US as they weren't out here yet... not the first time I've done this, so besides for warantee issues, the only problem I've found is the US radio frequencies all end in a uneven number ie 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 where most of the radio stations in south africa end in an even number.

Never listen to the radio anyway, so doesn't bother me.  If you do go ahead and purchase one, maybe make an image of your firmware in case something goes wrong in the future.