AVIC411.com

Non-Pioneer camera problem, think its in the Z1

Had my Z1 installed for a few weeks and I picked up a cheap backup camera on ebay.
Had it working for about 10 minutes then the screen went black.
And I got a dark black/grey distorted image.

I swapped it out for another camera thinking the camera died, but it's still doing the same thing with a new camera

However when i connected the camera to the AUX video input it worked fine.
I even swapped the female RCA lead on the Z1 harness with an extra line out RCA lead to eliminate a bad connector.

I've seen a few posts about bad Pioneer cameras, but this seems like the problem is in the Z1.

The system is 100% aside from this.
Z1 in 98 Grand Prix Gt, Bluetooth, 910XMT and 6x changer

Anyone have any ideas.
Guess I'll be calling Pioneer Customer Service this week.
[quote name="steve350f"]The Pioneer camera has a diode in line on the reverse sensor wire. Maybe this has something to do with the issue.[/quote]

How many leads are on the pioneer camera?
My camera just hass 12, Gnd and RCA video output.

I though the reverse sense came from the Z1, otherwise the camera woud only turn power up when your shift to reverse. And not when you select the rear view map mode while driving.
I've had the exact same problem -- and I'm using the pioneer camera.. It's an issue with the rear camera video input on the Z1 -- it seems it is a very sensitive input and it doesn't take much to fry it at all.. My camera is still working fine -- I just hooked it up to an external LCD monitor/rear view mirror. This is the only disappointing experience I've had with my Z1.. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with it..

Would be nice if you could assign other inputs to the rear-view mode of the Z1 -- but oh well.. I like my rear view mirror LCD just fine!! :)