AVIC411.com

W4400NEX - Not saving firmware update or Bluetooth changes

I've got an AVH-W4400NEX unit in my 2015 Honda CRV. I'm having a problem where Bluetooth connections and firmware updates aren't saving after the vehicle is turned off and restarted.

First noticed the issue with Bluetooth not saving my new phone or clearing existing connections. I've tried parking brake fixes based on various forum posts and YouTube videos (e.g. grounding + "Set On" menu, MicroBypass etc). Later I discovered my 1.01 > 1.02 firmware upgrade won't stick either!

Internally I'm using the iDatalink Maestro H02 wiring harness and Maestro RR interface for steering wheel control retention etc.

Could this indicate SD card issue, wiring problem, blown fuse, any other ideas??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, danny7049 said:

hey, did you find the image file for the 4500? The 4400 file didnt work on my 4500.

I was able to find the 4400 image in this "Backups and Images" thread. Not sure if the 4500 is in that long list of messages or not.

Also found this Slack channel that might be useful - avichacking.slack.com

Wanted to thank everyone for posting these messages.

On my AVH-W4400NEX I was having trouble with saving changes to SirusXM and getting "Featured bands have been updated" every time the stereo started up. Realized I couldn't change my favorites either (well, I could but the changes would revert after restarting).

I had also had one instance were the stereo got stuck in the boot loop I've seen others post but then it seemed to self correct.

Swapping out the SD card fixed it all!