AVIC411.com

Unabte to enter the password or modify any setting on a F840BT

Hi guys,

I recently bought a second hand Hyundai i20 Sound Edition. The machine is equipped with an AVIC-F840BT as standard. The device seems to work normally (gps or radio functions normally), but it is not possible to change any settings (for example, devices cannot be associated with bluetooth) and even trying to reset the device, it is not possible to enter the password because the keyboard is disabled.

Anyone have any idea how changes can be enabled?

Thanks.

20210320_174732.jpg

Hi guys, the automotive electrician says the system is locked because the wrong password has been entered more than three times and therefore the system is under protection. He reports that it is necessary to contact Pioneer support. Is it really necessary or is there a way to unlock the device?

Thanks

If your radio is not asking for a security code to re-enable it, then it is as I have described and you need to find and re-attach the emergency brake wire(or just ground it permanently to bypass this feature). If it is asking for a code then I have not seen a way around this other than calling Pioneer. I don't think you need to send the unit in, but you might have to take it out to find the serial number or something like that.

Yeah, I'm starting to think this isn't a case of it being hard-locked due to 3 failed password attempts. In that case I'd expect it to prevent usage at all, while providing some sort of info on the screen at boot time.

I see that Navi Settings is grayed-out, so it can't be used to check (via Connection Status) if the Parking Brake is being detected as "On". However in TestMode, # 22. External Connection Test shows its status. From the maintenance manual:

Signal.JPG

Hi RonS,

thanks for your courtesy. I went in "testmode", but the menù is different (probably is different for F840BT model). I find a similar item at #33 as you can see in attached photo;  unfortunately, however, I cannot understand the meaning of the output.

test3.jpeg

test2.jpeg

test1.jpeg

I don't know enough about your car or the F840-BT to say whether that CAN-BUS test applies to your situation. Some cars use CAN-BUS to communicate between various components. You would need lots of technical info about your car to know if your parking brake has a CAN-BUS interface. Judging by that last picture, it doesn't seem to be connected via CAN-BUS. There might be more info in the F840-BT installation manual. Most cars just have a simple switch as part of the parking brake lever/pedal. The headunit just has a parking brake wire in the harness that is supposed to be connected to that switch.  Many people just ground that wire (to fool the headunit into thinking  the parking brake is always set) instead of connecting it as shown in the installation manual.