AVIC411.com

AVIC question ?

So looking into much of the info on here and elsewhere I seed that most of the models run iMX6dq freescale sabre which is now another company but the sabre was a tablet and parts of it are still in there. its running a very stripped down android 4.4.2 and I may be wrong in this called jupiter. Everything thats been done so far depended on testmode and related keys. sometime in the firmwares after 1.07 for my nex the old keys no longer worked. I have seen some that have reverted to the older firmware does this work and were they able to edit bsp again or I have seen that you can still do this through uart ? now what is the difference between the old testmode and the new testmode with golden apples and golden eggs. I also wonder have there been any attempts to root the device like I would do with my android phone or tablet ? I specifically run a 5200nex and just would like to know what is or isnt or what was and wasnt possible. I used to be firmware 1.01 but went to 1.08 to get android auto thanks to a very awesome member here. I would like to make a backup of my SD card but very unsure about what works or doesnt. the avichacking forum kinda a ghost town and even more so if you dont have a paid account. I really should look for a used unit to experiment on, anyway any input would be great.