AVIC411.com

AVIC-F930 Divx file error

Hello all,

I put some divx videos (.avi extension) on the usb dongle and tried to play them on my F930 unit. But after I've selected on touch panel USB video icon unit reported "ERROR" and device started to reboot until I removed the usb dongle. 

Could someone tell me what should be the  video file format or extension that Pioneer AVIC-F930 could read it from usb dongle?

Best regards!

You can't just go by the file extension (avi, mpg.  etc). That just indicates that it contains video and the actual compression type and resolution  is indicated in the header record.  I remember there were discussions here or in the X or Z series forums on settings for video codecs.  They also mention PC programs to recompress and convert resolutions.

Here is an example of one of those threads. I just searched for codec.  Best video codec presets for F series

• 1 month later...

I wrote this issue to Pioneer support and they directed me to AVIC-F930 user's manual on the page 192. I tried all those recommended settings and the only what was working for me is MPEG-4 format and MPEG-4 compatible codec with MP4 extension and 320X240 resolution with maximum 768kbps. But 320X240 resolution is too small and the video quality is too poor even on AVIC-F930 6.1" screen size.