AVIC411.com

AVH-W4500NEX problems with screen after SD swap

Anyone had problems where the splash screen comes and then the pioneer screen and the the radio turns off. Maybe I pulled to much on the screen frame when I was changing the SD Card and possibly loosened the ribbon cable connecting to the screen frame. I’ll post pics in a couple hours. 

13 hours ago, asd255 said:

if you have disconnected the DVD cable then check it
the radio does not turn on if it does not detect the DVD

Ok, thank you. I did disconnect it. I will double check then reconnect it. I was having trouble clicking and locking in both sides of the ribbon cable on the DVD player.

13 hours ago, asd255 said:
On 6/18/2021 at 1:23 AM, asd255 said:

if you have disconnected the DVD cable then check it
the radio does not turn on if it does not detect the DVD

Thank you. The problem was I installed the ribbon cable for the DVD player upside down. Lol. Now the radio lowers up. I’m using the 4400 firmware until the SD Card arrives with the 4500 firmware. Thanks again. I did order from but on eBay about 9-10 days ago. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2021 at 8:03 PM, cjr300c said:

Thank you. The problem was I installed the ribbon cable for the DVD player upside down. Lol. Now the radio lowers up. I’m using the 4400 firmware until the SD Card arrives with the 4500 firmware. Thanks again. I did order from but on eBay about 9-10 days ago. 

Hi, did you received the new SD card? Is it work? im with the same problem...

• 1 year later...

I have this issue, the screen comes on but looks like the attached. The backup camera works. I updated the SD card with new firmware and same issue. I purchased a new unit and replaced the screen alone and still same issue, I installed the new one and it works so its not the screen, wiring or firmware (SD card). I checked all ribbons and they are all firmly connected. I think the unit may have just died but I really can't tell.

Anyone had this issue?

The unit was working for a year then one day it just started looking like the attached, nothing happened apart from just regular use.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks  

IMG_9922.HEIC IMG_9908.HEIC