AVIC411.com

[FIX] SDCard Failed? Software Error on your w4500nex? Look here!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, bassilap said:

Also posted this on the backups thread.

Looks like there are some eBay sellers selling OEM SD cards for w4500nex. Cheaper than pacparts...if links aren't allowed, please delete. But can eBay search "OEM AVH-w4500NEX"

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=oem+avh-w4500nex

all cards on eBay are copy of the original card

• 4 weeks later...

My barely used 4500 started with the reboot issue.  I followed the guides here and everything works except bluetooth.  It will connect and pair the first time and work until it's turned off. Then bluetooth fails to connect after that.  It will show my phone on the radio and my phone will also see it in it's settings but it fails to connect.  I have to reset the bluetooth memory on the phone and unpair it in my phone settings and reconnect.  Also can't connect to my phone via usb it now says non compatible device. And an error pops up after driving that the parking brake lead isn't connected properly.  I installed the microbypass when I installed the radio and hadn't had an issue with it until I used the .img posted here.

Update. Recent android update might be the culprit for the Bluetooth issue. Now my other car won't connect.  I reset the Bluetooth cache on my phone and will try again later. 

Update2:  Recent android update is causing my phone and others with a samsung A53 to have bluetooth issues.  System\General Management\Reset\Reset all network settings makes it so it works a few times before needing to reset it again.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone fix the iDataLink Maestro RR issue for w4500nex without having to purchase OEM? I purchased an SD card off Ebay (this guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133889598926) and it, too, won't work with Maestro RR. It sucks not having steering wheel controls but it also causes phantom draining and killing my battery. It took me a while to figure out and 3 Costco warrantied batteries. If I pull the fuses on the radio, no more dead batteries. The Ebay firmware did fix the boot loop but I guess it is not fully compatible with the w4500nex -- likely just the modified w4400 firmware as outlined here. The serial number is unchanged and I flashed the Maestro multiple times. I guess maybe the Maestro or the HU loop until the battery dies when the firmware isn't just right?

On 8/21/2022 at 9:48 PM, Alex1 said:

i downloaded and install the file w4500img that you had previous , everything is working except lost maestro steering wheel controls, maestro module lost communications with the pioneer , thank you 

What did you end up doing?

I am totally fed up with my AVH-W4500NEX. I've been reading these fourms and watching videos for 5 hours trying to figure out what to do. It's 4 am right now so I'm stuck waiting for Target to open but when they do I am going to purchase a SanDisk Ultra PLUS 32GB SD card and try to use Rufus to burn the AVIC4500only file to the card. Hopefully that works but if not I will buy the new Pioneer card from PacParts and make a copy of that on a nicer SD card like a lot of you guys have been doing. I will keep you guys updated with how things go. Also is there a newer or better version of the firmware than the AVIC4500only file? It seems like that was the most problem free file that's actually available to download. Thanks!

On 7/13/2022 at 9:16 AM, fry said:

Thanks @Datsun It seems our images are different in some way.

For others viewing this topic, I purchased one of the official Pioneer SD cards for the AVH-W4500NEX from PacParts.com. Part number QXX3352 (https://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?part_no=QXX3352&mfg=Pioneer).

I created an image from the card using this command(in linux, MacOS can do this too):

dd if=/dev/sdcard of=/path/to/image.bin bs=512

and then hashed the resulting file with this command:

sha256sum /path/to/image.bin

and the output of that command was:

6a466ff1a69dd147cd5e2601f73bbac4340d70f4ee3436b2db51153552dbaef2  /path/to/image.bin

This doesn't tell me a whole lot other than the simple fact that @Datsun's image and my image are different. There's a million reasons why they could be different.

Has anyone else bought the official replacement SD card, and would they be willing/able to do some coop hacking around with disk images of a fresh-from-the-factory card with me?

I bought the official replacement card. QXX3352 from pacparts.com. The Maestro started working again right away. So something is up with the Ebay cards. The seller wanted me to change the device ID to fix it and sent a PDF instruction. Even though his image is supposedly straight from an original...

I also made a backup image of the card for when this happens again. Here is the sha256sum hash:

1cf66153e6dcc1e0b09d7bf39719cb7278307567c287a174ce13e3a7d8dcc52a

7 hours ago, urboinoah said:

I am totally fed up with my AVH-W4500NEX. I've been reading these fourms and watching videos for 5 hours trying to figure out what to do. It's 4 am right now so I'm stuck waiting for Target to open but when they do I am going to purchase a SanDisk Ultra PLUS 32GB SD card and try to use Rufus to burn the AVIC4500only file to the card. Hopefully that works but if not I will buy the new Pioneer card from PacParts and make a copy of that on a nicer SD card like a lot of you guys have been doing. I will keep you guys updated with how things go. Also is there a newer or better version of the firmware than the AVIC4500only file? It seems like that was the most problem free file that's actually available to download. Thanks!

Will 32GB work? I too was struggling to find 16GB. I was going to use a copy and not the original but said screw it. I don't trust Amazon for SD cards.

It will 

27 minutes ago, dd36 said:

Will 32GB work? I too was struggling to find 16GB. I was going to use a copy and not the original but said screw it. I don't trust Amazon for SD cards.

It will work - but as others have said, if you use the Maestro RR - it will no longer work.  You'll need to rewrite/reprogram the serial number (device id) in to the radio, regardless of what it says is there.  You may want to seek out @asd255 for a better alternative with a fully working image / ability to recode the device ID

10 hours ago, dd36 said:

So I just burned the AVIC4500only file to my 32gb SD card. I didn't really feel like opening the unit so I just dremeled a hole in it. Not pretty but now I have easy access to the SD card. Wish me luck guys, I really hope this works. I'm still going to try to get the original W4500NEX software somehow eventually but hopfully this will bring my headunit back to life for now.1?ui=2&ik=64ee7894d5&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r1534914592402903426&th=1863ec1e1c055ff5&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8csv2fmtyZZUL2UjG6uaDJIMN42t8tY7jlOOjobv8gGW31F0Enmlx6YScONYFg3DUBIhOWV4f94W7Hv-jFou4T6SLYVlHEApu2BUszKh1ysu1b97WfNmlsalg&disp=emb&realattid=1863ebd35c681a79b262

On 2/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, jnavic said:

It will 

It will work - but as others have said, if you use the Maestro RR - it will no longer work.  You'll need to rewrite/reprogram the serial number (device id) in to the radio, regardless of what it says is there.  You may want to seek out @asd255 for a better alternative with a fully working image / ability to recode the device ID

The OEM replacement card worked with my Maestro no problem. So an image from it should too. I can test that with a burner card when I have time.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:33 PM, dd36 said:

The OEM replacement card worked with my Maestro no problem. So an image from it should too. I can test that with a burner card when I have time.

OEM will not need device ID reprogramming as it is same for same.  The other images floating around are modified 4400 images, and do need a reprogram (also the 8500 image that works well from @asd255)