AVIC411.com

4200 NEX Camera/Screen issue

Hello all,

looking for help. I have an AVH 4200 NEX in my 2013 Silverado. Have had for about 5 years now. Has worked with zero issues with my tailgate camera. Wired in to tail light. ***Zero issues for 5 years***

Last week in the morning I left and it worked. Parked for about 1.5 hours and suddenly, reverse does not switch over to camera. 

I pulled apart camera, tail light and head unit. No issues. Now Every Time I start truck the head unit defaults to black camera screen with guide lines. I put in reverse and camera appears. Put in drive and back to the black screen with guide lines. I have to hold down the “mute” button for few seconds for it to go to radio, menu, etc. However, after that the reverse camera will not appear until I shut off the truck and start it again. 

Once I am in main menu screen I can go to settings and guide line setup and the camera appears when I put in reverse.... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is nuts. 

EC6D749E-3B46-4E57-B31F-4CBDE9F49BCD.jpeg

Thank u for the response. So doing this appears to only solve one issue. That’s the black camera screen on start up. But the unit not switching over to camera upon putting reverse still exists. I could swear it has always been on “ground” option for all these years, tho.