AVIC411.com

AVIC-W8x Series

Hi all, I'm thinking about putting a Pioneer nav unit into my Rav4, replacing the aging Kenwood DNX unit which I've liked a lot, but which is developing problems and lacks modern phone integration.

I'll probably go with an AVIC-W8___NEX series unit. Looking through the threads here I can't really tell, are there problems doing the bypass on the 8500 and if so, would an 8200 be a better choice? I would certainly want to be able to use the navigation and Android Auto functions without having to stop every time.  

Are there any other reasons to choose an 8500 or 8600 over an 8200, or vice-versa?  

It looks like the global chip shortage is causing new units to be scarce so I may end up getting a used or refurb where I can. Thanks for any guidance.

Me I would get the 8200. Easy to use and have rear camera lines. 8500 they removed it.  But they added it back in 8600. But I still like the 8200 interface. 8500 and 8600 have wireless AA/Carplay. But rather have it plug in. But wireless is just convenient. And wireless video mirroring from the phone.

Screenshot_20210725-205719_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210725-205803_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the info. I wanted wireless AA so I went ahead and picked up an 8500 which is on its way to me now. That's too bad about the camera lines but I guess everything is a compromise and you just have to prioritize what you want.  Pioneer never addressed that with a FW update though? Strange, even my 14 YO Kenwood has that feature.

• 2 weeks later...

8500 is installed and tweaked.  I love it so far but Android Auto keeps auto-launching when I start up, even though I have auto-launch turned OFF in the Pioneer's settings. Any advice on how to prevent that from happening so I can start AA manually when I want to use it for now?