AVIC411.com

HDMI Wont Turn On - DMH - WT76NEX (DMH-WT7600NEX)

I cant get the HDMI source to turn on, I have the WT76NEX, it's only three months old. I pulled the radio to make sure cable was connected, I'm using a brand new cable. I tried using my iPhone with an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter and I also tried an Amazon Fire TV Stick. On the iPhone, I made sure YouTube and Netflix was playing so it would see a source connected.

I'm left thinking it can only be a bad HDMI cable (how likely when it was brand new out of the box) or bad HDMI port in the 76NEX.

I've seen other posts regarding HDMI not working but I did not see any fix or resolution that was posted.

Has anybody had this issue and figured out a fix or found out the radio was bad?

** Update** 

I talked to pioneer and the support person said it was documented that Best Buy's Branded cables (Insignia / Rocket fish) are known not to work. I just ordered a cable off Amazon that states "Bi-Directional" in the description so I'm hopeful this is the fix. I will post my results.

**2nd Update**

It was the cable. The new Bi-Directional cable I ordered off Amazon activated the HDMI source icon on my 76NEX radio and allowed me to watch YouTube and use an Amazon Firestick. I did have problems getting Netflix to play using the iPhone and Apple Digital AV Adapter but I probably wont spend much time trouble shooting that and just stick with the Firestick.

• drober30 changed the title to HDMI Wont Turn On - DMH - WT76NEX (DMH-WT7600NEX)
  • 5 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 8:04 AM, drober30 said:

I cant get the HDMI source to turn on, I have the WT76NEX, it's only three months old. I pulled the radio to make sure cable was connected, I'm using a brand new cable. I tried using my iPhone with an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter and I also tried an Amazon Fire TV Stick. On the iPhone, I made sure YouTube and Netflix was playing so it would see a source connected.

I'm left thinking it can only be a bad HDMI cable (how likely when it was brand new out of the box) or bad HDMI port in the 76NEX.

I've seen other posts regarding HDMI not working but I did not see any fix or resolution that was posted.

Has anybody had this issue and figured out a fix or found out the radio was bad?

** Update** 

I talked to pioneer and the support person said it was documented that Best Buy's Branded cables (Insignia / Rocket fish) are known not to work. I just ordered a cable off Amazon that states "Bi-Directional" in the description so I'm hopeful this is the fix. I will post my results.

**2nd Update**

It was the cable. The new Bi-Directional cable I ordered off Amazon activated the HDMI source icon on my 76NEX radio and allowed me to watch YouTube and use an Amazon Firestick. I did have problems getting Netflix to play using the iPhone and Apple Digital AV Adapter but I probably wont spend much time trouble shooting that and just stick with the Firestick.

I was having same exact issue with the Best Buy Insignia HDMI cable. Do you happen to know what brand you bought off Amazon so I know which one will work?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...