AVIC411.com

2001 Ford Mustang Install this Weekend

I just bought the D3 yesterday and I cant wait to get it in and working! I also bought 2 10" Kicker subs to go with it. I just wanted to get some info on installation tips and maybe some step by step instructions if anyone has ever installed on a 1999 - 2004 Ford Mustang. Just to make it easier for the install. I briefly read over the installation instructions last night and looks pretty straight forward, but I was just looking for some tips and advice to make it easier that way I can enjoy it without any problems.

Any help or advice would be helpful.

Thanks

As an owner of a 2001 Bullitt Mustang, I could probably tell you everything you need to know.

Dash is very easy to remove. I prefer the Best Kits double din kit for my car as it mounted well and is quite secure. The wiring is very straight forward (color for color on the harnesses) except for the speed pulse. It is Grey/Black at the PCM in the pass kick panel. The parking brake wire (if you don't bypass the D3) is easy, as there is only one wire coming from the parking brake assy.

The hardest part of the whole install will be gettin g to the VSS wire. Everything else is very easy (for me anyway). 8)

What sound system do you have in it now?

Is it the Mach 460 or 1000?

If so, then you will have to go around the factory amps.

I have an '02 and I bought new speakers and ran new wiring to them I tried using the factory amp and speakers, but they never sounded clear. I am not one to crank the music, so I just went without an amp.

What sound system do you have in it now?

Is it the Mach 460 or 1000?

If so, then you will have to go around the factory amps.

I have an '02 and I bought new speakers and ran new wiring to them I tried using the factory amp and speakers, but they never sounded clear. I am not one to crank the music, so I just went without an amp.

When I bought the car it had a JVC KD unit in it. No mach set up at all.

But I wanted to convert it back to the mach 460 system, and I bought a Head Unit off ebay, I hooked it up to my subs last weekend using a loc, and it just didnt give off the bass that it should, for 2 10" Kickers. But When I was redoing the interior I found out that the door speakers and rear deck speakers where both Kicker speakers, which is pretty cool. But I just wanted that Avic D3 and went and bought it.