AVIC411.com

DMH-WT8600 firmware update to 2.0

On 12/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, IvanRaide said:

Here are a bunch of screenshots, but basically it now supports 5x2 icons, and also side-screens other pioneer functions (like HD Radio, Camera, etc)

https://imgur.com/a/P0fvHST

Just installed it today. Not crazy about the 5x2 layout, as now all the icons are much smaller. Anyone know if there’s a way to change that layout?

On 12/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Pjrm68 said:

Just installed it today. Not crazy about the 5x2 layout, as now all the icons are much smaller. Anyone know if there’s a way to change that layout?

You could try to update the firmware by putting 1.3x on a usb stick?  Not sure it will let you downgrade, (not sure anyone has tried to do it?)

it’s not just 5x2 though, it’s now reporting its resolution properly, (you can see more of the map/more entires per screen, etc) so consider if its worth downgrading

Since upgrading to 2.0 I’m having issues with my iPhone music app freezing.  Anyone else notice this or have a fix?

On the unit, if I click on the music app it shows the “playlist”, “albums”, “songs” menu but there is nothing populated in them and everything is blank and the screen is frozen.  If I look at the iPhone then music app it sometimes is frozen but has a populated screen and other times it is just a empty/blank screen.  

After some time the music app spontaneously reboots and it works as expected. This happens every time I use it and it’s quite annoying. I’m gonna wait a little time to see if an update is published and it’d not try to downgrade to the firmware that worked better with the music app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, mfvtgtgs said:

Since upgrading to 2.0 I’m having issues with my iPhone music app freezing.  Anyone else notice this or have a fix?

On the unit, if I click on the music app it shows the “playlist”, “albums”, “songs” menu but there is nothing populated in them and everything is blank and the screen is frozen.  If I look at the iPhone then music app it sometimes is frozen but has a populated screen and other times it is just a empty/blank screen.  

After some time the music app spontaneously reboots and it works as expected. This happens every time I use it and it’s quite annoying. I’m gonna wait a little time to see if an update is published and it’d not try to downgrade to the firmware that worked better with the music app.

I have contacted pioneer and they have no answer. They said they “will escalate” the problem to a higher level. They offered no way to reload the firmware nor roll back to a previous firmware. I think I will have to wait until the next firmware and cross my fingers. So frustrating.

When you say, "music app" do you mean the default Music app, or just "any" music app?  I no longer use the Apple music app, but the music app I use is not experiencing any problem.  If it’s only on the stock music app, does it have the same problem with other music apps like Spotify?

• 2 weeks later...

I tell you what, the DMH-WT8600NEX is the worst Pioneer I have ever owned. Software is slow and the system lag is horrendous. Now for whatever reason, I can't seem to get the unit to take the latest and greatest software release 2.01. I have tried 2 different thumb drives and all I get is USB hub errors. This was an open box deal from Crutchfield that I got for a decent price. But still for $1100, to spend this much money on a headunit is a shame to be so bad. I may just have gotten a lemon. Maybe this is why it was an openbox. Thinking I will be returning this unit :(