AVIC411.com

Nightmodus won't work.

Good afternoon guys,

So i recently bought a VW with a F930BT installed. I managed to update the maps and firmware thanks to this site.
My only problem now is that the nightmode doesn't work. Yes i read something about an orange wire thats propably not connected, but i am no mechanic. I would like to know if there might be a way to bypass that and make the manual night/day modus function work. So i am not looking to make it automaticlly. I think its extremely weird that function doesnt work, since it shouldnt need the orange wire to be connected. Maybe there is something that i can do in hack modus?

Thanks

The Night Mode setting only has two options

Automatic (dark background and dim when your lights are on)

Day (always bright with light background)

First Go to Settings / Map Settings / Day  Night Display  then make sure you have selected Automatic mode. Otherwise it will always be in Day mode.

Now turn on your lights. If it still is always in Day mode, your Illumination wire is not properly connected. You can also test if it is connected by going to Settings /  Navi Settings / Connection Status. The Illumination status should say "On" when the car's lights are on, and "Off" when they are off.

If you can not fix the wires yourself you should take the car to a service shop.

7 hours ago, RonS said:

The Night Mode setting only has two options

Automatic (dark background and dim when your lights are on)

Day (always bright with light background)

First Go to Settings / Map Settings / Day  Night Display  then make sure you have selected Automatic mode. Otherwise it will always be in Day mode.

Now turn on your lights. If it still is always in Day mode, your Illumination wire is not properly connected. You can also test if it is connected by going to Settings /  Navi Settings / Connection Status. The Illumination status should say "On" when the car's lights are on, and "Off" when they are off.

If you can not fix the wires yourself you should take the car to a service shop.

Thanks for you reaction. The illumination wire is not connected, i know that. However, there is a shortcut function in the navigationscreen where you should be able to turn on and off the nightmodus manually. I find it extremly weird they give you this option when it can't work without the illuminiation wire connected. So i am curious if anyone knows a way to bypass the wire through the hack, and make the manual method work.

6 hours ago, GuidoW said:

... However, there is a shortcut function in the navigationscreen where you should be able to turn on and off the night modus manually. I find it extremly weird they give you this option when it can't work without the illuminiation wire connected. So i am curious if anyone knows a way to bypass the wire through the hack, and make the manual method work.

If you are referring to the "Quick Access" menu option for Day/Night Display, all it does is let you toggle between Day or Automatic. It works as described in the user manual. Automatic requires the Illumination wire to be connected. There is no Night mode setting

Also there is no hack to change the way it works. It isn't worth the time it would take a skilled hacker to figure out how - just for you.  The solution is to correctly install the unit in your car. It is very easy to install the head-unit correctly. It may be possible to find that unconnected wire by looking under the dashboard without removing the head unit.