AVIC411.com

Help with avic-f980DAB

Hi all and thank you for accepting me on this forum.

I would like to add some features to my avic-f980DAB but I am struggling to find active links to the software and tools used in the past. I am also struggling to piece together the methods to achieve what I am after, so if any veterans, or even newcomers who know a bit more than me can lend a hand, I would be extremely grateful. so without further ado, this is what I'm currently after.

I mainly would love to add Android Auto to my head unit, it already has carplay, but I don't use an iPhone, so its of no use to me. I feel like this is a possible upgrade with CFW? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen some people are adding custom boot animations/splash screens. This would be a nice feature but not necessary if not possible.

If I can update my maps, this would also be lovely! I am located in Australia, and can say some of the maps are extremely out dated now. Some of those custom icons would be cool too but not necessary.

Please keep in mind, I am completely new to this and I have no idea what any of the slang/short hand terminology means, so please be patient with me. If something has been explained elsewhere, and will work for me, I am happy to have a read through it, I'm just having a number of issues with software and links no longer working.

Thank you all in advance!

• zapp123 changed the title to Help with avic-f980DAB