AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 - Sirius vs XM

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. How much better is the XM interface then? What does it do better than Sirius? I signed up for 3 months on Sirius but I might switch to XM. XM is also giving 3 free months with 6 months of service. I could probably find a used XM box and sell my Sirius and come out about the same.

Do people get better signal from XM? I get good reception with Sirius, except none in my garage and will sometimes miss a beat if I go under a long overpass. I'm guessing both have these issues.

XM gives you two lines of text, the channel logos, and you get the station name on the presets. Hopefully the merge goes through soon so it won't matter anymore. And no, its satellite based so they don't work well in garages since there is no line-of-sight to the sats

Damn. How much better is the XM interface then? What does it do better than Sirius? I signed up for 3 months on Sirius but I might switch to XM. XM is also giving 3 free months with 6 months of service. I could probably find a used XM box and sell my Sirius and come out about the same.

Do people get better signal from XM? I get good reception with Sirius, except none in my garage and will sometimes miss a beat if I go under a long overpass. I'm guessing both have these issues.

I had both XM and Sirius installed. I now have a Sirius Stilleto 2 so I no longer have the Sirius module connected. The XM interface is 100x better than the Sirius. Please note that you can only use both if the XM receiver is the Pioneer model. You cannot use a Terk XM and DEI Sirius module together.

I also have a BB Curve and the Bluetooth works great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No, but you can only see one at a time. If its displaying the song, hit display on the screen and it switches to artist

So is it true that with the Sirius you never see the name of the song and artist?

In that case I am a little confused as to why the picture above has no display of either at the time it was taken.

I am a current Sirius subscriber and looking to install a D3 just wanted to figure out what I am getting into. To me its a major feature, and I dont really want to have to switch to xm.