AVIC411.com

Bluetooth

Guest Themlruts

Guest Themlruts
The question will they make it for the avic's [url=http://www.pioneer.no/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=12644&taxonomy_id=25-38]http://www.pioneer.no/eur/product_detai ... y_id=25-38[/url]
Mike
  • 3 months later...
The CD-BTB100 works with the N2, I installed one tonight on my N2. I downloaded the documentation from Pioneer on a hunch and it lists quite a few head units it will function with, basically if it has an IP Bus it'll work. It may not have all of the bells and wistles of the AV units or the AVIC X1 but it will answer calls. Unfortuantly the LCD on my bluetooth phone crapped out on me recently so I have to get it fixed or replaced before I can test it any further. I did try it out on a friends phone quickly though. I'll post more about the features it does have once I get my phone working. Most of the bluetooth stuff is being released by Pioneer UK. It breaks my heart that Pioneer is releasing better stuff in Europe.
Before anyone asks the X1 will not work in North America, I already checked on it. Two reasons it will not work 1. The North American map software does not load in the X1 (someone on the X1 forum tried it) 2. The frequency spacing for the radio is different here in the US. If someone does find a hack for these problems I want to be the first to know about it.
Here is the link:
[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069876_307671378_tab=D,00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... sComponent[/url]

Download the owners manual, information for "using with other head units" starts on pg 25. Basically all you can do is recieve calls and maybe return calls that you have recieved. Pretty much all of the functions are controlled by the joystick, your options are answer a call, cancel a call, return a call from history. It does not support 10 digit dialing, basically this means if you have to dail an area code you'll lose the last 3 digits of the phone number in the call history so for all intended purposes you really can not dial calls. There are many more limitations, you have to re-register the phone each time you start the head unit up. The default pin is 0000. I have not seen what it will do if you are listening to another source and a call comes in, so far there is a lot I don't know about what it will or will not do. I'll keep posting as I learn more.
Ok here's the skinny. You have to re-establish your bluetooth link manualy each time. You can not dial out from the head unit and the history clears each time you turn your car off. Once connected you can dail out on your cell phone and the head unit imediatly picks up. It sounds really clear coming through the cars speakers and the mic pics up pretty good, no complaits from anyone I've used it with so far. Incomming calls are a little tricky. Incomming calles are answered with the joystick and that's about all this thing will do for an AVIC head unit. On another note I barraged Pioneer with emails about getting an AVIC X1BT that works in north america and today I recived this reply "We do not have information on if there are plans to market a single din
unit with these features, but if you contact us in a couple of months,
we should have more details on what they have planned for new
spring '07 products."

I'll keep my fingers crossed and start saving my pennies, either way if Pioneer doesnt release the X1BT for north america by then I think I'll spring for an Alpine that has it all.
Alpine has a nav system with bluetooth? When did this happen? And is it still over $3000 for screen and nav?

[quote name="Ibugsm1"]

I'll keep my fingers crossed and start saving my pennies, either way if Pioneer doesnt release the X1BT for north america by then I think I'll spring for an Alpine that has it all.[/quote]
Sure hope the N4 (if thats what its called next year) is a BT unit. Sure easier to spend 1800

[quote name="Ibugsm1"]Alpine IVA-D310 head unit $1400
+
KCA-100BT Blue tooth accessory $200
+
NVE-N872A Navigation accessory $1700

=$3300

Pioneer AVIC X1BT will do all of that for $1299 eur or $2435 USD bluetooth, navigation, but it is NOT available in North America.[/quote]
As far as I can tell the only thing that makes the X1 BT unique to Europe is the DVD region code and the fm frequency spacing. I spoke with someone on the AVIC X1 forum who tried to load the North America West disk onto an X1BT they said it would not boot. I am thinking it was a DVD region issue. I thought maybe a region free copy of our disk might work. Anyone on the forum have any insite or experience and willing to tackle this? I ripped the CNDV_50MT_2_A disk to my hard drive and it is now region free. I'd try it out in my N2 but I do not have a DVD burner. Let's say this would work all that's left is the fm freq spacing. I'm at a loss for a way around this. Being a digital tuner it's probally somewhere deep in the operating system of the head unit.
  • 3 weeks later...
After reading Pioneer's instructions, it seems like your phone should autoconnect with the unit as long as you register it and turn the autoconnect feature on. They make it sound like you only have to manually connect each time if you don't register the phone. Is this not the case?

Am I safe in assuming that it will not automaticly switch from an audio source to bluetooth when the phone rings? It mentions nothing in the manual about that, although it DOES say that it won't automaticly switch BACK to an audio source after a call is ended. Sooo... any personal experiences?

And a buddy of mine had the Alpine bluetooth adapter with his double din Alpine and ended up taking it out because he thought it was a piece of junk. I recall him mentioning that all around performance was sub-par and call quality wasn't very good either. I believe he's much happier using one of the Parrot add on units.
It typically autoconnects when using the Z1 or 6800DVD or DEHP9800BT and bluetooth. With the D and N series nav systems, they were not designed/recommended for bluetooth use, so they recognize the CDBTB100 as an external unit and may/may not autoconnect. The Parrot will likely work better with a D1, D2, N1, N2, N3 because they aren't supposed to work with the bluetooth adaptor. Next year looks like it will be better, as the D3 has full bluetooth functionality

[quote name="bzarins"]After reading Pioneer's instructions, it seems like your phone should autoconnect with the unit as long as you register it and turn the autoconnect feature on. They make it sound like you only have to manually connect each time if you don't register the phone. Is this not the case?

Am I safe in assuming that it will not automaticly switch from an audio source to bluetooth when the phone rings? It mentions nothing in the manual about that, although it DOES say that it won't automaticly switch BACK to an audio source after a call is ended. Sooo... any personal experiences?

And a buddy of mine had the Alpine bluetooth adapter with his double din Alpine and ended up taking it out because he thought it was a piece of junk. I recall him mentioning that all around performance was sub-par and call quality wasn't very good either. I believe he's much happier using one of the Parrot add on units.[/quote]
Unfortuantly for me the D3 is a double din unit. I think Pioneer is directing their marketing here in the US towards newer cars that are more often than not, double din. Still seems strange to me that they actually have a single din head unit (AVIC X1 BT) that does everything the D3 can do and they only market it in Europe.
  • 2 months later...
After using the CD-BTB100 for a couple of months I am so far satisfied with its limited features. I wish it had all the bells and whistles of the other pioneer Bluetooth units but it gets the job done none the less. I am having another issue with my head unit right now that is disappointing me. Seems when I crank up the heat and get the car nice and warm my unit shuts down.