AVIC411.com

Just got an N3 for 600.00

Not sure where you are reading that. The 60 disks didn't fix the shitty XM and Ipod display if you stick it in an N1 or N2. That was a hardware change. The N3 included a newer chip that included a better XM and ipod interface

The N3 has a decent ipod control (but not as good as the D3 or N4) and the same XM display whether you stick the 60 or 70 disks in it.

If you want the best ipod controls, buy an N4

on the 70 disks it says that it does not upgrade the xm or ipod controls, is are they infering that the 70's do have the same "upgrade" as the 60's?? I just want to do this right the first time since you can't go backwards in firmware easily from what i have reading on here.
on the 70 disks it says that it does not upgrade the xm or ipod controls, is are they infering that the 70's do have the same "upgrade" as the 60's?? I just want to do this right the first time since you can't go backwards in firmware easily from what i have reading on here.

Like the other member told you to get N3 Ipod interface on N2 and N1 you have to replace the part inside the Unit not only software ... there is guy on Ebay that will do that for I think around $150 his real deal.

ok guys your getting off course, i have an N3 head and brain unit. I was talking about the "note" on pioneer's website when you look at the upgrade discs. below the picture it says someing like "note: this does not upgrade xm or ipod controls" or close to it, thats all. I just want to know if i got the 70 disks, would it bring my head unit display up to speed, cause i have not loaded any disks and i cant see the xm channel logo's above the channel name.

I am just trying to make sure my N3 is as current as it can be, i know the n4 may have a different controls and chips, and im not trying to achieve that at this time.

Once again, the ipod and XM user interface is built into the hardware. Thats why is says that. If you stick the 70 series disks in your N3, you will get exactly the same interface as the 60 series disks that came with it. This includes the logos on XM. The ipod interface doesn't change at all

ok guys your getting off course, i have an N3 head and brain unit. I was talking about the "note" on pioneer's website when you look at the upgrade discs. below the picture it says someing like "note: this does not upgrade xm or ipod controls" or close to it, thats all. I just want to know if i got the 70 disks, would it bring my head unit display up to speed, cause i have not loaded any disks and i cant see the xm channel logo's above the channel name.

I am just trying to make sure my N3 is as current as it can be, i know the n4 may have a different controls and chips, and im not trying to achieve that at this time.

ok thanks, thats what exactly i needed to know, because i currently dont see the logos, dont really care about the ipod, but since i have one its helpful. but i just got an orignal 60 disc for .99 on ebay so i will do the 60 then the 70. so theres nothing missing.

Or if someone has got an east 60 disk they will never use I would greatly apprieciate it since i cant even set my clock, this sucks balls.

I just got a refurbed N3 from Pioneer and it came with the 60M east and west. I have DVDFab that can make a perfect clone (for personal back up purposes only of course). I don't know what a torrent is but if you PM me with your email, we can get you EAST.

'c'

Just got my 60 east dsik but i do appreciate the offer.

I'll PM with my email just in case you need the back up. I already made it and it is working.

Torrent? yea, found out what that is. Really! $15.00 is much cheaper than the many hours of download/convert/burn. Must be nice to have a T1 I guess.