AVIC411.com

Adapting a factory GPS antenna?

Is it possible to use a factory GPS antenna with the Z series? My knowledge of GPS antennas is very limited, so I thought I'd post to get feedback from someone more knowledgeable.

I replaced my factory TNR800 in my Hummer with a Z2 and would have loved to use the factory installed GPS antenna. The plugs were different (obviously...one square, one round), but I was tempted to cut an splice the Pioneer end on my factory cable at the time of installation, but didn't...I decided to seek feedback here first.

Any input anyone may have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I was just going to as a simular question. I currently have the XM antenna for my Z2 on the dash but the reception isn't that great so I was told that it should be mounted on the roof. Vehicle is a 2007 GMC Sierra (new body style). It has a single antenna on the driver's side of the roof. Can I tie into that instead of using the antenna included with the Z2? I'm going to look at that site too.

As I type this I remembered that I didn't order navigation from the factory so I don't have a factory nav antenna up here. My reception for that tends to be pretty good (aside from it freezing once).

I was just going to as a simular question. I currently have the XM antenna for my Z2 on the dash but the reception isn't that great so I was told that it should be mounted on the roof. Vehicle is a 2007 GMC Sierra (new body style). It has a single antenna on the driver's side of the roof. Can I tie into that instead of using the antenna included with the Z2? I'm going to look at that site too.

As I type this I remembered that I didn't order navigation from the factory so I don't have a factory nav antenna up here. My reception for that tends to be pretty good (aside from it freezing once).

I am doing my Z2 on by Trailblazer SS in the next couple days. Amp and speakers are done and all wiring ran. I am planning on using the "shark fin" antenna on the top for XM. I was told that its a matter of removing the plastic from the antenna connector and it will plug right in to the Z2/xm box.

I dont know this for a fact yet.

I am doing my Z2 on by Trailblazer SS in the next couple days. Amp and speakers are done and all wiring ran. I am planning on using the "shark fin" antenna on the top for XM. I was told that its a matter of removing the plastic from the antenna connector and it will plug right in to the Z2/xm box.

I dont know this for a fact yet.

Indeed it does work, the factory XM antenna will also work with the Sirius tuners as well.

Indeed it does work, the factory XM antenna will also work with the Sirius tuners as well.

I guess the question is.. Onstar. I have my Z2 ready to go in and thought I had it all figured out. If we plug the factory XM antenna (shark fin in my case) into the Pioneer XM unit how does Onstar get antenna? I did not realize the XM and Onstar used the same.