AVIC411.com

Backup Camera only working in AUX input and not CAM IN input

Just installed a backup camera on my F-150. The camera works, but not as intended. When wiring everything up with the new stereo, I hooked everything up on the camera to the stereo to make sure it worked before running and zip tying the av wire along the frame. I had the camera wire plugged into the “cam input” plug on the back of the stereo, put the truck in reverse and saw nothing. I moved the plug to the AV slot and still nothing, but as soon as I plugged it into the AUX input I could see the camera image. When I shifted to park, the display went blank as it should. The problem with this is every time I need my camera to back out of somewhere, I have to switch from my music to the AUX feature and then back to music, which is getting old. I’d like it to work as it should with the CAM IN input so it can come on in reverse while I’m still in BT Music setting without going back and forth on stereo channels. Any ideas why this may be happening?

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 4:30 PM, Woody86 said:

Just installed a backup camera on my F-150. The camera works, but not as intended. When wiring everything up with the new stereo, I hooked everything up on the camera to the stereo to make sure it worked before running and zip tying the av wire along the frame. I had the camera wire plugged into the “cam input” plug on the back of the stereo, put the truck in reverse and saw nothing. I moved the plug to the AV slot and still nothing, but as soon as I plugged it into the AUX input I could see the camera image. When I shifted to park, the display went blank as it should. The problem with this is every time I need my camera to back out of somewhere, I have to switch from my music to the AUX feature and then back to music, which is getting old. I’d like it to work as it should with the CAM IN input so it can come on in reverse while I’m still in BT Music setting without going back and forth on stereo channels. Any ideas why this may be happening?

I am currently having this same issue? We’re you ever able to find a solution?